Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SCUTTLEBUTT CHERBOURG

Richard -

Please add me : MOBO Ebb Tide, probably alone tho' have space for someone wanting night crossing(s) for Yachtmaster Motor.

Last year you publicised a 3-option 3-course meal for 30 euros and we were handed a no-choice inedible substitute after 32 euros had been collected. Can you improve on that please? (I see 55 euros mentioned - including vino is a recipe for megahassle!)

Actually "inedible" isn't fair but the French do take advantage of drunken Brits, while their veggie option is rarely more than tepid lettuce. I was with Mark (Talbot) and his veggie pre-order didn't ever appear; if I hadn't halved my portion the poor soul would have starved.

Personally I'll settle for an omelette and the pleasure of your company . . . Can you fix it?

Default Re: SCUTTLEBUTT CHERBOURG

[ QUOTE ]
    I see 55 euros mentioned - including vino is a recipe for megahassle!

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

BlueSkyNick is offline Registered User

Surely you can manage an omelette on board then join us in the bar, instead of creating megahassle by asking for a one off dish?
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Malaprop

You weren't on the list last year but Ebb Tide was. Would you be Colin Huggins by chance, and why the change of user name?

You've made it clear that this event falls below your standards so perhaps we could prevail on you to relay fleet Chimet reports from the comfort of your lounge?

In return, we could bring you a veggie burger back from the kebab shop in Cherbourg

Cheers
    Tom

Not name change, post totals change.
    Not vegetarian either.
    Just speaking for those who were misled.
    As before you're too uptight to listen.
    Fortunately Richard's made of sterner stuff.
    So our purses are in your hands again.
    Not only purses gentlemen but our lives too.
    Just what are the implications of the Fastnet delay for rally organisers?

I wish you'd keep your blimmin purse tucked deep in your pocket instead of creating grief here

Your life is most certainly not in our hands. We organise a meal in Cherbourg, period. All travel arrangements, including boats and crew remain the responsibility of the skippers

To put it into context, the only bit which we organise here is a date so that we can make a group booking, and the subsequent booking of the yacht club. It is chosen to be a neap tide weekend in September, avoiding the RORC weekend which uses the same venue.

This is not a rally and doesn't want to become one

Looks like it could be another good turn out this year,Weather Gods permitting.

90 odd people go year after year quite a few have done every year since it started. Flogging a dead horse trying to please everyone.

There is nothing stopping anyone eating onboard or elsewhere then joining the crowd for drinks later if they wanted too.It would be helpful to let the organizers know if you intend to do this so they dont overbook the meal.

As for placing our lives in the organizers hands that is pure bull**** or a bit of trolling.Quite offensive really to suggest that those who choose to attend cant make their own decision if the weather is suitable for them/their boat.

So having addresed both of Malaprops aka Chuggins points I look forward to seeing some old and some new faces again this year.

galadriel is offline Registered User

Tom

Sorry I have other committments, so can't join you all I Cherbourg this year. Having said that, in light of what malaprop has revealed, if you are intending on sailing to Cher'b via Fastnet, I certainly can't come! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    "You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you"
    Roger Waters 1972

There is still a lot to be done!

Will you be issuing tracking devices for the realtime software package? How does one contact the Press Office. Do we get stickers to put on our boat? What rating system will be used?

And finally could you please confirm whether the Barfleur (TK's support vessel) still qualifies to race in Class 5?

duncan is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]

As for placing our lives in the organizers hands that is pure bull****

[/ QUOTE ]

not quite Moriarty....on Phaeton we don't have the space for enough beer to support the whole 3 hour passage (from Poole) and rely on the organisers for extremely prompt suppies on arrival...........