Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: SCUTTLEBUTT CHERBOURG

[ QUOTE ]
    we don't have the space for enough beer to support the whole 3 hour passage

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you use the helicopter replen laid on by the organizers? We had 12 cases of stella winched down to us about 30 miles out. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Apparently some people whinged last year that the mid channel barrels of real ale werent available as promised. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If you'd kept quiet about our replen arrangements at the time we wouldn't have been rescued by every RNLI boat in the Solent. They don't half like Summer Lightning, which is why we ran out, hic

damm - knew there was some reason to attend the skippers briefing! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

being a weekend I can understand why Julie made arrangements with Stella too.......... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    There is still a lot to be done!

[/ QUOTE ]

We've agreed to trial a new tracking system. This will link all boats with the organisers via DSC relay. It's a clever system

Position reports relayed to your nominated next of kin every 2 hours or on demand

Vessel tracked at pub ashore

Ability to send or relay messages, eg

Change of yacht club menu press 1
    General complaints press 2
    Lost press 3
    Disgusted with weather press 4
    Not enjoying it press 5
    Crew not enjoying it press 6
    There's bloody ships out here press 7
    Def not coming next year press 8
    Re-supply needed press 9
    This is fun Don't bother

Your forgeting there should be a special one for TK:

I'm on the ferry press 10
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Or
    I'm doing astro navigation practice - press the 'star' key.

and just to finish it off,

need more grass, press the 'hash' key.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

so 999 for a real emergency situation...........that's original!

this would be the 5th emergency service? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hi, Tome

You wont remember us, but we made it to CB last year in Black Sugar, up from Treguier. You guys got back on a screaming reach IIRC, whilst we took 3 or 4 days in the face of F6 on the nose all the way. Unfortunately, we have relations visiting at the time of this year's SB cruise, or we might well have been there, not having had enough sailing this year. However, that was not the point of this communique...

We live in Brittany all the time, not tourists. We are very familiar with the price of restos and the quality to be expected. Last year, we were doubly disappointed, as the crooks running the y/c resto had the cheek to expect the guests to cover the missing numbers (trivial sum, but a point of principle) and then the quality of the food was pretty average to say the best for it.

Now, they are upping it to 55€ a go, and Roger (Sailfree) tells me that the same increase if numbers are not fulfilled will be applied. I think they are really taking the P from the SB cruise. Typical menus run from 15€ (3 course) upwards, with even the cheapest being acceptable if plain food. At 55€, we would be eating 5 or 6 (incl. coffee) courses, excellent food, typically filet steak or dover sole as the main plate. I understand that the menu is not even available. This is called buying a pig in a poke, I believe?

If I reserve a table for 4 at any restaurant here (we eat out a fair amount) and then cancel on the night, I get charged nothing, just thanks for informing them. The other people in the restaurant do not get charged for any tables not filled!

I agree that people will know the price up front, and it is their decision, but I also think the menu should be up front by now; I suggest you set up a poll for each of: the quality of the meal and the value for money, to be voted on when peeps get back. It may provide confirmation that it was 55€ well spent, or give food for thought for 2008.
    This post is intented to be an expression of good humour. Any implied aggression or bad-feeling is totally due to the medium and not the messenger.

I was chasing details of menu in mid august but got no reply as i assumed Pascal (cherbourg marina manager) was away- August -France!! As a point of clarification the Yc are not upping the price from 2006 (which I attended- I think you attended 2005!) but the dearer admiral menu was selected.

Only just back from my hols so will try to chase it tommorrow and clarify position of say bad weather and say only 40 people finally make it.

I am only helping Cutter to reduce the legwork involved so ultimately I will be guided by him.

IMHO there is an aspect of this is what the YC offer, are you interested in going, as it will be impossible for any organisation to please all 80 people especially Scuttlebutt formites that are known as being easy going, amicable and none hold any strong opinions/views.

Denbigh
    Sorry you wont be there - do come by other transport if you would like to join us!
    Richard
    Skype no: cutter1203

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast