Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: SCUTTLEBUTT CHERBOURG

What ? At 55€ a head ? I am quite happy others should cough up, but being a mean old retired duffer... nuff said !

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    This post is intented to be an expression of good humour. Any implied aggression or bad-feeling is totally due to the medium and not the messenger.

Re Denbigh/Black Sugar I remember you from 2005 if my memory serves.Beautifull boat. if you want this pic in larger format PM me your email .Regards Graham

Beautiful boat, you're right. SWMBO wasn't at all bad either, if you don't mind me saying so !! Especially when she started singing [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

I remember Black Sugar well, but we didn't get a chance to chat - more's the pity

Agree with much of what you say, but it's a fab venue for our little event and that's worth a lot to most of us

Cheers
    Tom

[ QUOTE ]
    I remember Black Sugar well, but we didn't get a chance to chat - more's the pity

Agree with much of what you say, but it's a fab venue for our little event and that's worth a lot to most of us

Cheers
    Tom

[/ QUOTE ]
    Criticism was, as you obviously realized, directed at the Yacht Club, not the organizers, at least one of whom has been my buddy since long before SB was invented...!! It is great that such an informal entity as SB can continue to throw up enough volunteers to make things happen. In England we might say 'have a great time'... I remember, when I was in S Africa, the locals in Paarl used to say 'wreck the place'... in this case I like the SA version, so...

WRECK THE PLACE!!

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    This post is intented to be an expression of good humour. Any implied aggression or bad-feeling is totally due to the medium and not the messenger.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi, Tome

Now, they are upping it to 55€ a go, and Roger (Sailfree) tells me that the same increase if numbers are not fulfilled will be applied. I think they are really taking the P from the SB cruise. Typical menus run from 15€ (3 course) upwards, with even the cheapest being acceptable if plain food. At 55€, we would be eating 5 or 6 (incl. coffee) courses, excellent food, typically filet steak or dover sole as the main plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 55Euro was initially my choice of a superior menu which Cutter and Tome later agreed. It was 5 courses and one was red mullet and another filet steak. In addition it was arranged that we only paid for numbers attending. The price did include Kir Royale and white wine and red wine.

I was concerned as I had certainly started the ball rolling and hoped the meal delivered would justify the choice.

I have invited comment from others in the other thread regarding the meal and people are free to PM me if they want to be polite with any constructive criticism. Hopefully everyone enjoyed the event and will want to do the same again and hopefully you can join us as well next year. It would be nice for other to see a classic Rustler 36 when they are often only exposed to mostly AWB's! I liked the look of Tome's boat but didn't have a chance to see inside - perhaps another time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123