Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wight Dawn is offline Registered User

Default First, state your conclusion

The current "consultation" by HMRC is a sham, as they have already stated their preferred outcome within the document. There are also glaring mistakes or non-sequiturs within the paper, starting with the assertion that "EC law" does not allow different rates to be charged on the same fuel for different users. As "red" diesel will continue to be used by farmers cluttering up the roads with their machinery, fishermen dropping badly marked lobster pots in the channel and houses will continue to be heated by it, then there is no way that this "law" can be applied unless all users pay the full duty. The reason that they do not (and should not) is that they do not (except the farmers) use the roads, which is the alleged reason for the higher rate of duty.

Once the new duty is in place, we will pay higher rates on fuel at the marina than are charged at Asda. This is because our fuel will pay the higher "environmental" levy as it is not low sulphur, also there is less competition. Presumably our receipts will no longer be stamped "not for road use" as the tax will have been payed? And we can then use the red in our cars quite legally? Or heating oil? Well maybe not that last one. Well not legally anyway.

Seriously, what can we now do to stop this nonsense?
    Ken

Default Re: First, state your conclusion

I really wish I could think of something!
    I don't feel like rolling over and accepting this without some form of protest.
    What would the French do?
    See the rainbow not the rain

philip_stevens is offline Registered User
    Location : live near Saint Ives, Cornwall, moorings at Falmouth, laid-up at Penzance

As I have said before, I'm up for it, if only for the fun of it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

As I've stated here before the whole thing was handled incorrectly from the start.

It was pointless trying to fight to keep the derogation as it was completely indefenceable in the current climate.

Instead we should have been fighting to keep road duty levels of taxation off our fuel right from the start. Now it just looks like sour grapes.

I'm right with you Iain.

I hate to be dictated to by what was sold to us all as a "free trade common market" never a federal sates of europe.

Lets get out whilst the UK can still attract investment and business. If the EU have their way, we will all be brought down to the lowest common denominator.......over burdened with legislation, rules,bureacracy and red tape that will kill us.

Red diese is only a thin end of a very large wedge.

JH [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Mass harbour blockades. Vive la révolution

[/ QUOTE ]

if the french will do so why dont we, its not as bad as it sounds.
    ufo 31 owner @
    http://www.cafibo.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm right with you Iain.

I hate to be dictated to by what was sold to us all as a "free trade common market" never a federal sates of europe.

Lets get out whilst the UK can still attract investment and business. If the EU have their way, we will all be brought down to the lowest common denominator.......over burdened with legislation, rules,bureacracy and red tape that will kill us.

Red diese is only a thin end of a very large wedge.

JH [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont start me off as the helth and safty in this country is killing us as well. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    ufo 31 owner @
    http://www.cafibo.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
    I really wish I could think of something!
    I don't feel like rolling over and accepting this without some form of protest.
    What would the French do?

[/ QUOTE ]

love that one - the french have accepted that they pay road duty prices for boat diesel.

No [--word removed--] Sherlock! Sarcastic prat. If you can't think of anything constructive to say, why bother saying anything?
    How much do they pay for DERV, a little less than us I think?
    See the rainbow not the rain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast