Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thank you and goodnight!

Well its nearly time to put this lot away for one more year so a huge thank you to all those who visisted the stand to either buy a mag, subscribe or enter the comp.

And of course a huge thank you to all those that helped me drink all the beer.

If any of you have any comments or ideas on how you think the stand would work better then please feel free to drop me a mail.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the next one!.

Annapolis
    Genoa
    Ft Lauderdale
    METS
    Earls Court
    ExCel
    Dusseldorf
    Birmingham

Richard Shead

Default Re: Thank you and goodnight!

Well done Richard - although many didnt make it to the stand for whatever reason, it was a very generous offer and I'm sure it was appreciated by all!

I will see you in Birmingham, close to home so i can spend a proper day there and without the 5 hour return trip limiting my visit [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please ensure the offer is reinstated for that show [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "It's not that I think I'm better than you, it's just I'm a bit cleverer than you need to be to work here."

"Wolfie's got a BTEC."

"Exactly."

Thanks for the beer - missed the cake tho'. What happened to the forum burgee - no sign of mouse and cocktail glass anywhere?

I see your not going to PIBS next year (Peckham International Boat Show), shame we won't C U.

Give it a go!

Thank you for making the effort - I am sure it is much appreciated by all!

Look forward to seeing you ( and the beer coolers ) at EC. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Richard, you might rethink the forum pm certificate. I read up on sending you a pm, for Fri/Sat/Sun, then thought nothing more of it as I was attending on Mon.

I passed the stand several times on Mon, but didn't bother to say hello to anyone as I thought the beer and cake certificates were for first 3 days, and didn't know that you would be there and beer/cake still available.

If I'd known you were on the stand all week, I'd have come and said hello, even if beer not available.

Fair comment but most guys who PM me said they would show on the first weekend and did not so I had loads left.

As the stand was so big a fair few felt like they could not approach so did not, I will work on that for next year.

BUT I got a lot of grief from folk saying they could not see the flag and more grief from not having any editorial on board again fair comment but we cant be there on all days!

I will try and get the balance right for London!

What I do not want is for the stand to be off limits and it seems no matter how friendly i try and make it most still think it is so any suggestions are welcome.

The stand was fine, but seemed aimed at new members, which is exactly what I'd be doing if in marketing for ybw.

If you want ideas for stands in future, just ask. You'll get loads of ideas. Make it a meeting place for forumites. Beer and cake aren't a huge incentive. Meeting forumites is. Meeting moderators and ybw and ipc staff is a huge incentive.

Set a time and date for us to meet the techies guys who write the software and run the forums, and you'd have dozens of people attending on that day to discuss how to improve the forums.

Set date and time to meet the moderators, and discuss how they moderate the forums.

Set a time and date to discuss how the adverts on ybw are used to fund the forums, and how we can use that from both sides. Bring the advertisers along

Bring the boat testers along. Let them tell us how they test the boats. and tell tales.

Get the moderators and staff from ybw to turn up. Everyone here loves to meet other forumtites, and meeting the staff from ybw and ipc would be a huge pulling point if marketed. I'd love to meet the whole team, and discuss how they run the forums, and the impact we have on them.
    I could write for hours on this.

I agree with all brendans points completely, Time and dates would be great, I'm completely disorganised when it comes to boat shows and if nobody is on a stand i tend to carry on by...
    "It's not that I think I'm better than you, it's just I'm a bit cleverer than you need to be to work here."

"Wolfie's got a BTEC."

"Exactly."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast