Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I couldnt believe my ears and eyes.

Similar thing happened to me in a marina in april in sweden. We had just refuelled and we're doing tick-over back from the pontoon. At that time of the year there were only a couple of boats in the marina.

On one sail boat (approx 30 feet), however, there was a man who started waving, pointing to our 'wash' and shouting at us, calling us f***ing idiots.

Our 'wash' can't have been more than 30 cm max!

Incidently, it was a nice day and a pretty marina, so I had my camcorder out and I managed to get the incident on tape. Maybe I should post it some time.

Mind you, the guy did shut up, once he realised I was filming him!

omega2 is offline Registered User

Surely it is better to wave and smile at the abusers, like when you cut someone up on a round a bout, I'm sure we all are fuming when restricted by depth in a narrow channel being held at a speed which is making life difficult for us by a yatch who's master is not aware of our predicament, but is quite happy at his speed.

Thanks for that..
    Sometimes to be honest its 'Damned if you do.. Damned if you dont'
    You really can't please some people.. If you keep on the plane then you get abuse for going too fast. If you slow down you get it for causing lots of wash....
    There really do seem to be those who aren't happy unless they are moaning..

I have to say where i am, generally people seem to just like boats generally which seems to make things a bit happier when a MOBO and a Yacht dare to meet..

awol is online now Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    ... I'm sure we all are fuming when restricted by depth in a narrow channel being held at a speed which is making life difficult for us by a yatch who's master is not aware of our predicament, but is quite happy at his speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that most yachts draw considerably more than mobos, his restrictions are likely to be greater than yours, so what are you fuming about and where do you expect him to go?

Good post, I couldnt give a stuff about mobo wake on passgae except when it is dangerous, which isnt often.
    I only hate it when they come through the moorings at just below planing speed and upset the Pimms. But I suspect that would be true if I was in a Mobo too.

Earlier this ear I went out in my 2.4 tender for the first time. Went into panic mode when I saw the first wake coming towards me. Tender bobbed over it with no drama at all.

I still slow down for tenders, but am not sure why.

With the weight of the sailing boat we were on - to be honest the wake wouldnt have even spilled the drink!

Still we are none of us perfect, but it did seem to me completely unnecessary.

omega2 is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... I'm sure we all are fuming when restricted by depth in a narrow channel being held at a speed which is making life difficult for us by a yatch who's master is not aware of our predicament, but is quite happy at his speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that most yachts draw considerably more than mobos, his restrictions are likely to be greater than yours, so what are you fuming about and where do you expect him to go?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just a little quicker, as we are unable to hold course, and if we pass him he is raving at us, as as been stated your damned if you do and damned if you do'nt.