Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: JUST A MO\' . . .

[ QUOTE ]
    Arrogance and seamanship are incompatible.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just about says it all really ... you clearly have all of one and I assume from your footnote - none of the other. As I wanted support from a guest crew you were not invited.

perfectly worded, Fireball, my thoughts entirely.

Have now made use of Ignore User for the first time in over a year. Suggest you do similar.
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Default Re: First time Skipper report

Clap, clap clap, Huge round of applause.
    Fantastic experience for you, and pleased you had the support of your crew to get you there as a team, and a steaming journey back too.
    You are now very well aware of the boats capabilities, and have got a decent chapter in the log.

We hope to be sending a Squadron from the East Coast down to join you all next year.

Oh yes, and ignoring the Malcontent afore the event was a wise decision.
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

[ QUOTE ]
    We hope to be sending a Squadron from the East Coast down to join you all next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You were missed this year ... but I certainly wouldn't've fancied a slog all the way from Dover ... I'd've been tempted to transport the boat overland and launch ... oh somewhere around Poole would've been good enough - nice easy sail across! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fireball I have been on here since the very start when about 20 forumites were registered. I have just used the "ignore this dickhead" facility for the very first time.

Just to prove I was there:

[ QUOTE ]
    Just about says it all really ... you clearly have all of one and I assume from your footnote - none of the other. As I wanted support from a guest crew you were not invited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew, I suspect had you made the mistake of inviting this chap, it would have been the last we would have seen of you.

Loosing the will to live and jumping over the side mid channel to relieve yourself would have been a certainty!
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

So here's the guy that gave us all the grief about the meal, organisation and safety issues before the event. The only consolation is that he didn't turn up, long may it remain this way

Malaprop, it doesn't matter how many times you change your forum name. You're a dickhead and this will become apparent whatever you choose to call yourself

I took an extra passenger last year and she fitted in with everyone great. Someone kindly warned me that there are some that you are best avoiding but so far have always met a nice bunch of people.

I was tempted to try & fit in an extra this year but thought 8 was a comfortable max number. While not been necessary to date I will be taking references before offering any spare berths in future after reading some comments!!

I did not mind trying to answer Malaprops questions he PM'd me (and they were sensible questions) before the weekend but sorry he missed a great event as the tone of some postings here indicates that he could do with some cheering up.

Well done Fireball, great account and an achievement to skipper your first trip. In the end we didn't go up the Solent but sailed across, putting in some quite large tacks to stay within about 6 miles of course. Our log showed 100.3 miles which shows how much extra mileage the tacks cost us, and our average speed was a little over 5 knots which is slow for us

We too motored-sailed the last 15 miles to Cherbourg and our crossing time door-to-door was just under 19 hours! Better than the 40 hour crossing we once did years ago when we were becalmed without engine mid channel for 24 hours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12