Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meal

Default Re: Meal

I have only attended for the last 2 years so can't comment on how long Cutter and Tome have been organising this but in the little way I tried to help them this year I can understand their position that they are trying to arrange a meal for up to 80 people. Many of that 80 would have different choices of menu/cost if it was their call and posible prefer other "quality"restaurants.

Its not posible to get it perfect for everyone but they do a pretty good job, yes there are cheaper/better restaurants but they can't take 80 people nor are they as near to the marina. People are free to attend but simply take their meal on board or at another restaurant but then they miss a major part of the scuttlebutt meet.

I have a thick skin and I believe Tome & Cutter have developed one as well as it can be pretty demoralising to organise such a great event and get a number of shall we say less than constructive PM's before the event and the odd critical posting especially as they finally have the financial burden of making up any financial shortfall when a few may forget to pay for that additional bottle of wine they ordered.

In the light of a few pre-event postings I have invited comments and PM's and todate I am under the impression that everyone thought it a great event, reasonable value for money and if I could have arranged 1 plate of chips we would have a 100% satisfaction survey.

Credit where credit is due Cutter & Tome do a good job and I am sure if you could find a better option they would be happy to consider it for next year.

ah - well if a plate of chips is being added I wouldn't mind some too please.... and can it come with some mayo?

We had a great meal here - they might be able to fit us all in - 5 mins walk from the marina (not trying to criticise current arrangements!)
    http://www.normandie-qualite-tourism...sto.php?id=273

Talulah is offline Registered User

The evening was a great night out but for me I found the meal very expensive. If you do not drink alcohol or only a little you end up subsidising the drinkers and I'm afraid that is one thing I loathe.

From their website it would look to be a viable alternative. Their price range, although looking good, might turn out to be more when wine, chips, etc are taken into account.

We might be able to do a deal - when we were there for lunch they had a group of 50. If there is support I can make enquiries or maybe we could do a second event at the beginning of the season?!

I would be up for a second event say in May but if someone wanted to organise it it would obviously be curtesy to Tome & Cutter to discuss it with them.

They both put a lot of work into what we all agree was a sucessful event and your suggestion may be the equivalent of 2 London boat shows - a second one may be detract from the first.

DeeGee is offline Registered User

So there IS a continuation to twist my words. Perhaps that is because I am a confused person who is poor at expressing himself? Let me be clear - the message of my postings on this matter
    <ul type="square">[*]was NOT in any way or word a criticism of the people organising the event, I know how thankless it can sometimes be when you volunteer[*]was critical of the Yacht Club restaurant with regard to a high price for an undisclosed menu, and for the principle of making you pay for guests who can't make it.[/list]

I am very glad that everybody had a great time, and that the meal in the event turned out to be perceived as good value (though I suspect that fish and chips might have gone down almost as well, given the good company). I enjoyed last year when I was able to go, and would have liked to be there this year, if only to say hello to folks I otherwise do not get a chance to see.

I referred to the tendency to slap people down when they have any criticism, constructive or otherwise - pity to see that you, Roger, have joined the unhappy few, even if you do it with a smooth pen.
    This post is intented to be an expression of good humour. Any implied aggression or bad-feeling is totally due to the medium and not the messenger.