Thread: new bayliner

sch3nk3r is offline Registered User

Default new bayliner

I'm looking at a new bayliner 285. It says PDI included. Whats PDI?

Default Re: new bayliner

Pre Delivery Inspection

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

Absolutely crackin boat. I loved ours and with the MAG350 it wasn;t to bad on juice either. If you want any questions answered let me know.

Seems like a good opportunity to post my favourite pic of her (again!!!).

Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

Jez
    my favorite pic as well (Ive got it saved - will you be wanting me to delete it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I know I say this alot...

But are you getting her from an importer or dealer?

Just make sure the paperwork is there, and that the boat is basically CE compliant. You'll need a proper owners manual that isn't the Bayliner one, as they're generic and dont meet the requirements. You'll need a declaration of conformity to the RCD and a CE plate in the cockpit area.

Also make sure the engine space lining is foil faced if present, not carpet or acoustic foam, make sure there's a discharge port for fire extinguishers into the engine space, or if automatic ones are fitted make sure there's means of telling they have discharged at the helm.

I imagine you will have years of trouble free boating around from her, and they are excellent value boats which are great fun on the water, but one day should the worst happen or you come to trade upwards, you need to make sure your insurance company will pay out in case of engine fire, and that somebody will be prepared to buy her form you.

If it's a main dealer, then you'll 'probably' be ok, but have a check on that engine space lining [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ben
    I have learned from my mistakes...

And I am sure I can repeat them exactly.