Mike_S is offline Registered User

Default Navionics card, which one and where from ?

Bought myself a new Lowrance chartplotter whilst in the US last week but couldn't get the chart, much to the supplier's chagrin.

Having looked about since I got back I've suffered a mental block and can't remember which is the one to get, Navionics gold XL9 or Nauticpath, or a supplier so can the members of the good forum assist ?

As an aside (rant) it's annoying how the chart prices for the US are only $149. All the marine shops I visited commented on how navionics et al wouldn't let them sell the UK charts. One brit visiting west marine spent $3000 on electronics just before I got there, the only thing they couldn't sell him was the bloody charts !!

Default Re: Navionics card, which one and where from ?

Hi
    I've just purchased a Lowrance 7200 plotter from the usa and although i got caught by customs it still worked out a lot cheaper than the U.K. (our lovely country)
    I purchased a Navionics card from ebay - XL9 ( 28XG) for 158 this was the cheapest i could find, and works well. A smaller area chart works out at 99 so you might as well purchase the larger.
    Regards.

What is the model of plotter?
    For Marine electronics and satety gear at prices without the Boat Added Tax check here - http://www.marvinmarine.co.uk
    Email if you are looking for something and it is not listed, We'll see what we can do.

It's the LMS 525C.

Spike, thanks for that, will have a look.

I bought my plotter in the UK with the Nauticpath chart. I found the detail to be poor and replaced it with Navionics Gold. Detail and functionality seem much better.

Thanks, Navionics Gold it is then [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]