Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: wareham trip.

aztec is offline Registered User

Default Re: wareham trip.

mate... can't promise we'll look after you.. but we're good at making excuses... never could spell! just come and have fun.

regards,steve.

Default Re: wareham trip.

well, what's done is done. loads of people coming tommorrow, if you're there then your not square.!! ok ignore that...... look out for a new breed of cruising club, no bullsh*t, no pretense(sp?) no rules, no cravattes, blazers, flags (although i quite like barrys) just a load of ordinary people, joining together to enjoy boats..... even if they're old and really crappy!!

oh, sod it i'm pi**ed and going to bed. if you are one of the "few" coming tommorrow.. if you have any problems ring me ... 07833 983 074. hopefully we'll have good weather.. looksgood so far.

regards and best wishes, steve.

Default Re: wareham trip - the sequel

Aztec,

Wonderful day out, and great to finally meet some of the nutters on this forum (oh and one from Scuttlebutts - NigelB) and to put some faces to names.

Journey back after we left you all was uneventful other than rescuing yacht, running aground (intentionally) and being towed up Christchurch main channel by Andy wearing chest waders - but Jon was skippering so I'll let him do the explanations [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

thanks again for all your organising behind the scenes!

cheers, i echo the sentiments about meeting you all. i for one enjoyed myself, and discovered new "breed" of beer..... Hmmmmm?

bit of a thick 'ed this morning, but what a bloody good night. thanks to all who turned up to make this gathering work.

best wishes, steve. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve,

Thanks for the organisation, you even managed the weather although BrendanS wanted much larger waves and kept shouting faster, faster as he nodded off on the way back to Christchurch.

Also, thanks to LeytonC's dad, I now know all there is to know about cleaning diesel filters, it might even come in useful when I get rid of this gas guzzler.

Good to meet you all.

Jon Bailey

lanason is online now Registered User

so who turned up ??

Adrian
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>More Pics of Kelisha</A> [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Sandra (don't call me Ian) unpredictability is so predictable

loads of us, about five boats, 20-25 of us, wish i was a bloody landlord!!

13 of us for nosh, only one casualty, nice rum though!

look out for the next one [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

duncan is offline Registered User

thanks to all who turned up - great day out.

surreal trip back involving green withy on the wrong side of the channel - I must have somehow drifted through 180 degrees looking for the damm thing without realising it (I assume); the boats failure to get up on the plane - large quantity of Frome reeds trapped when I lowered the drive back down on the quay I assume (but no ducks I hope....) - eventually cleared
    great beer - but 5% is a bit on the top end for a 6 hour session beer....good job I only had the 2 pints.
    Really good to see so many faces
    Even better to see so many kids enjoying themselves!
    Thanks to Steve (Aztec) for a lot of efort

Finally - lost property.......
    (1) 6.50 in change found in my jeans - must belong to Kitty so it goes straight in to start the next one
    (2) kids light grey top with nice pink trim - found down below in the boat
    (3) bottle of Cherry Wine - aquired to mull for the purpose of keeping some of the little ladies warm as the temp dropped - plan forgotten as the Mountgay bottle was discovered down below...........next time

Steve and all the rest of you,

It was great to get the chance to meet you all, I'm sory I had to leave mid afternoon but had to get to the wedding (that's another story as I ended up getting free drinks at the wrong wedding, in the wrong hotel in Brockenhurst. Well they all looked the same in the dark, the hotels, not the brides that is!!)

Thanks for showing us the boats and making us feel welcome, we learned quite a lot. I will look forward to the next one and hope to be able to get on the lash and stay the night.

Well done to all who organised it, action, not just talk, and it worked.

Cheers,

Pete

Just got back, finished washing the boat down and sitting here still tasting last nights night cap. So In true PBO style, "What was learnt form this trip".

1 A 240 lunchtime whip, extends lunchtime!
    2 It probably wasn't a good idea to suggest a whip
    3 Don't try and have a coherent and sensible conversation after 6 pints of Boh Rhap!!!
    4 Never ever agree to have a single malt nightcap with a scotsman after a mad fireman suggests having sambukas!!
    5 Aztec is really good at colouring!!

Oh! you found the little'uns top. We'll have to sort out picking it up from you sometime soon'ish.
    Damn good day I thought, just goes to show what can be done when a few mad fools suggest a drink!

Yeah! I know its runing rough, but your lucky its runing at all!!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast