View Poll Results: Is it good manners to leave windvanes running when moored/rafted?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 29.52%
  • No

62 59.05%
  • Undecided

12 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling guilty

Default Feeling guilty

Just sat on the boat enjoying a bottle of wine and there is a knock on the boat.........

Night security want me to move my boat back as the Bow rail is blocking the pontoon.

We are three from the end and no one else is down apart from the night security and perhaps thieves prowling in the dark.

After pointing this out he advised me that he would be making several trips throughout the night.........oh well you already know of the danger replied I.

My boat is 36 ft 11m says I and I have booked in at 12.3m and paid for 12.3 to allow for the dinghy overhang.
    Its not my fault that the berthing master choose to allocate us with a 10m pontoon.

I'll fasten a high vis warning to the bow and perhaps you can take it up with the office.
    Or by all means move us to another berth with the nabber tug thingy, but make sure we can get on and off as we have a Young child on board.

We needed the dinghy here so had to go in bow first or the tender wouldn't be usable.

How would a nice mariner handle this ?

High Vis warning was the smelly rubbish bag I couldn't be bothered to take to the bin, now hung on the anchor [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

powerskipper is offline Registered User

Default Re: Feeling guilty

I was talking to a night watchman for MDL ONE MORNING ABOUT 2 AM, THEY LOVE TO CHAT THEN, AND HE WAS SAYING THAT THEY NOW HAVE TO DO THERE PATROL IN SURVIVAL SUITS AND ARE IN RADIO CONTACT WITH OFFICE OR A CENTRAL CONTROL AT REGULAR INTERVALS, SORRY CAPS [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

picture, thousand words... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

which one was it eh? I'll sort him out for yer [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Look for the one with a recent bump to the noggin....

Rick

ahh yes, or someone who isn't a fan of fake-teak?

Weird, I'm on your pontoon (further down), it must have been same Gestapo trained guy !

Your boat has been replaced by a jet ski ??????????

Big boats too difficult for a girlie to handle ? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Other please specify

Offer him a glass of wine you iggerunt barsteward. He will assume your are an arrogant rich twit, why not confound his preconceptions & be a nice guy. It puts him in the wrong completely in the nicest possible way & he will look out for your boat in future. winding people up is counter productive.

Sorry, but you did ask my opinion.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Default Re: Other please specify

The bottle is empty now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But you are right

I'll stick a candle in it and hang it from the anchor with the rest of the rubbish [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(he left happy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

omega2 is online now Registered User

Do as your told

charliespan is offline Registered User

Default Re: Other please specify

Tell him you can't safely move the boat 'cos you are pi55ed.
    Offer to hang something hi-vis or lit on the projecting bit.
    Offer him a cuppa.
    Open second bottle.
    "Treat every day as if it was going to be your last. 'Cos one day you'll be right" - Benny Hill

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither
    liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H.L. Mencken