Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sealine's

Default Re: Sealine\'s

bette off buying a sealion.

Why has weight got to do with build qaulity ??
    Back in the 1960/70's when we started buildig fibre glass boats they were hand laid and glass made thickness that much heavier to be safe. Then they found out about foam cores and moulde stiffeners, making a a moulding much lighter, and as strong. Thus a smaller engine will give you the same speed as the heavier boat with big engines. Is this why people concider Sealines under engined!

We hear a lot about the yacht industry dying because the builders would not adopt modern contruction techinics, thus leaving only the European builders. Are you suggesting that Sealine should backtrack, and the dinosours .

Brian

kimhollamby is offline Registered User

F37 has shaftdrives.

But it is a lot smaller in terms of volume than the Fairline and Princess named, which will have a lot to do with the difference. Also you have to be a bit careful when comparing weights to ensure they are measured and/or calculated on a like for like basis.

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

tcm is offline Registered User

Default Re: Eh david?

Oh pu-lease david. Sealine don't have pretensions of being Fairline or Sunseeker or princess, their largest boat being 51 about where the Fairline Squadron range starts. Starter boat prices are super-sensitive, as you can buy nice large cars for the same money or less. Granted that sealine (unlike Fairline and sunseeker and princess) haven't leapt at the larger boat market, with their varying degrees of success. But their price competiveness does bring some compromises. Or are you arguing that sealine are the amongst the cheapest AND the very best-built boats available?

Can we at least spell "substantiated" correctly if you plan to use the word a great deal?

ari is offline Registered User

But what I don't get is...

We've established from Kim that the F37 is in fact a smaller boat than a Fairine or Princess 38, hence much lighter, and TCM says that Sealine aren't going for the Princess/Sunseeker/Fairline market, but instead are aiming at a different price bracket.

So why is a Sealine F37 with KAMD 300 (285hp) engines only 4,500 cheaper than a Princess 38 with TAMD 63L (318hp) engines if as suggested it is a smaller boat with smaller engines aimed at a cheaper market? (And yes I have been brochure collecting at the Southampton Boat Show, pass me anorak!)

Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

ooh we aren't allowed tto talk about that.

DavidJ is offline Registered User

Thanks for the spelling correction.
    substantiated
    substantiated
    substantiated x100
    got it!
    I don't remember saying that "sealine are the amongst the cheapest AND the very best-built boats available?"
    However my response is to the perseption that Sealine's hulls are weak (and quote "fall apart")
    Let's move on though since this one has been around the forum at least 3 times in my limited life here.
    David
    Back in the Med tomorrow...yipeee

Default Re: Heavily censored thread follows (nm)

Go and have a look at www.yachtsurvey.com if you are at all interested in
    heavy is good.
    They do not built light to benefit from new materials it is because it is cheap.What is known as a price boat.
    Ie Lots of open space coated with shiny(wood) achieved by omitting all the internal stringers/frames/ribs bulkheads which give a boat rigidy.
    Loverly flexy hull but loads of microwaves and electric gubbins though..

Just hold tight dear it will not be so rough when we get round the corner,trust me.