Default 4All Marine or Lindon Lewis Marine

Looking for steel work, strip/blast hull and repaint. Would appreciate thoughts of appropriate yard for a caring, quality lasting finish.

Many thanks

Default Re: 4All Marine or Lindon Lewis Marine

Lindon Lewis at Shepperton did my steel boat last year. I won't know how good the job was until the boat comes out again next year, but I was happy with what I saw at the time.

Doolittle is offline Registered User

Hello 1Sid. I know Paul and Steve at 4All Marine quite well and I often stop for a chat if I see them in the yard, and can certainly vouch for their characters. I've not looked particularly closely at their work but I can say that Steve's steel boat building skills as far as welding is concerned is very good. They can shot blast but they prefer to do that in the Spring. A good pair of guys.

Steve Handley at Lindon Lewis is also a very regular guy and equally you won't have any complaints if he does the work but its still Lindon Lewis. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lindon Lewis took in my boat in March 2005 for some simple repairs. They then hung on to it for 5 months but still failed to complete the work. The boat was a lien so I could do nothing but tear my hair out. Every boaters nightmare! Only when they caused damage to the interior (for which I was later awarded 840 in court) could I declare force majeure and retrieve it.

Otherwise, a very nice guy. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]