Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Default Re: Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by tcm View Post
    yo tome....
    Can't believe it's 9 years. The cheeky grin and sense of humour still sadly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by geoid96 View Post
    Can't believe it's 9 years. The cheeky grin and sense of humour still sadly missed.
    Yes, great character with all the answers re electronic interfaces and the like. Off topic, what happened to Cutter - the OP of this thread? Hasn't posted here for a couple of years.

It is good to be reminded of lost friends.

For some reason yesterday I looked back at Ian Wright's postings - he left us in 2005 - we still undertook his final proposed Atlantic voyage even though when he organized it here he probably knew he would never take part.
    Last edited by AndrewB; 18-11-16 at 18:32.

The Emsworth Bad Boys.
    Tom, you were a real star.
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

It's now 11 years, and I still miss the b+gger. I've sailed all over the place, rtw, loads of transats, and often think of Tome. His silly spirit helps me make sure I'm doing something fun. I'm in Trinidad now, and Tome should be doing the same.

I STILL listen to Mozart's "Sull' Aria" - fabulous music which you may remember from Shawshank Redemption, and have a few moments thinking of Tome. That twat should have sailed a few oceans by now, and I am still pissed of that I never sailed one with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3omEZ3XyM74

BOLLX!

He was also someone most generous with his time, knowledge and resources. I visited him at his work in Emsworth when I was installing an electric windlass, came away with all the crimps and pro crimping tools only available to some who was a electric/electronic engineer. If you only joined the forum in more recent years you have missed one of the worlds genuine good guys.

Only the other day I found some old photos of what was probably the last Scuttbutt Cherbourg cruise he went on, 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Bateau View Post
    He was also someone most generous with his time, knowledge and resources. I visited him at his work in Emsworth when I was installing an electric windlass, came away with all the crimps and pro crimping tools only available to some who was a electric/electronic engineer. If you only joined the forum in more recent years you have missed one of the worlds genuine good guys.

Only the other day I found some old photos of what was probably the last Scuttbutt Cherbourg cruise he went on, 2005.
    Happy memories. Who's that fat git with the beard and glasses, sitting in front of him in the pic? A great guy. I still remember the evening, in Saint Vaast, when one of the Emsworth Bad Boys tried to enter a bar through the wrong (i.e. closed) half of a double plate glass door. For a change, they had all been quenching their thirsts for most of the evening ......
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415