Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

Never met him except here on the forum. A shame, condolences and sympathy to his family.

Ian
    2002 Merryfisher 805 for sale, pm for details. I can't be doing with two boat.

I can only echo the other posts.
    I never met Tom but felt I knew him well through his posts on this Forum.
    As some one else ssid earlier - one on the good guys.
    Dave L.

This is a real shock, so soon after his diagnosis. I only knew him through his contributions on this forum, but it was clear he was a well liked and knowledgeable man. My condolences to his family and friends.

Andy
    No boat no more...

Having missed the earlier thread, I'm afraid that I did not know he was ill. I never met met him, but instinctively felt felt that he was a real friend, and someone you could trust. Like everyone, I'm terribly sorry this has happened, and am sure that his friends will pass on our sincere condolences to his family.
    Ω

Only met Tom a few times but he was always laughing and having fun. I appreciated his wealth of knowledge and input to the forums without getting dragged into histrionics that sometimes occur on here. The Mirabella V sting was one of the funniest moments on here!

Desperately sorry news, he will be missed by many...

Rick

Thats really awfull news
    i never met Tom but as others have said, always his contribution here
    Best wishes to the Family
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

I would like to think that IPC would add a small paragraph in the next magazine to commemorate someone who epitomised the spirit of these forums, always willing to lend his expertise and a major force in the forum get togethers. I too am bemused by the speed of this, but can only suspect that he hid it from us for as long as possible.

My heartfelt condolences to his family.
    "Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
    Robert A Heinlein

I too had not heard of Tom's illness before today. Shocking news and he will be sadly missed as a valuable contributer to these forums and a good friend to many on here who had the good fortune to know him.
    RIP

Desperately sorry to hear this. I met Tom on a couple of the Cherbourg trips and, like everyone else, was taken by his joi de vivre and his expertise - not many people on here have his level of knowledge in his subject area. Neil (Morgana) has already recounted the story of the EBBs at Saint Vaast in another thread so I won't repeat it; I was there as well and it will remain a cherished memory.

I can only repeat what others have said - a man who gave help without needing to be asked, and who bought hilarity and happy memories into a lot of lives.

Fair winds, mate.
    Itis apis spotanda bigon etoo

I never met him and can't add to anything said above, but the forum is a poorer place for his loss.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast