Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

Although I didn't know Tom personally, like most, I appreciated his wit and contribution to this global family. MY sincere condolences to his family

Would it be appropriate to suggest a "collection" arranged here for whatever the appropriate application of such funds would be?
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

I am like others , unfortunate in that I never managed to meet Tom in person . I enjoyed the benefit of his knowledge and his input on these forums , and the general banter .
    Rest in peace Tom , and best wishes to the family he leaves behind

This is such sad news. I never met Tom, but he was consistently one of the most helpful and fair-minded members of the forum.

On behalf of Paul Gelder and the staff of YM I would like to send our condolences to Karen.
    JJ
    Make mine a double

Tom was one of natures genuine good guys, Allways willing to help someone if he could.Allways full of fun.

I hope Karen will take some comfort from so many good wishes.

RIP Tom You will be missed by everyone who had the pleasure of knowing you.

Tom (Julie at the weekend) I can't believe what I am reading. When I read your thread last month I honestly thought you were in for a rough few months and then you would be back to pointing out the big holes in my knowledge. This by the way was never a problem as you have such a large personality that you never ever put people down. You always took them with you when learning something new.

I always enjoyed reading your contributions, I did not have the opportunity to meet you in real life, even after you invited me down, it was never an easy task to get to Southampton or London, I regret this now. I considered it not to be a problem as I knew we would get on, one day we would get to share a pint and Fray Bentos while we battle out electronics geekery.. well I would have told you what I thought, and left knowing what you know. That is one of Toms greatest attributes, he shared friendship, fun and knowledge, and we enjoyed him sharing it.

An all round good guy, I have not been here long today, I am shocked, have cried, been angry, might cry again, I just like Tom, I'll miss you mate.

Jolly Harbour Antigua, running my Charter business, Miramar Sailing Ltd

Great Guy, Great Sailor, Great Fun! Will be very much missed by all who had the pleasure to know and sail with him. Thoughts and love to Karen and the Family.
    "To sail is to navigate a life" (Richard Bode-First you have to row a little boat.)

We are shocked to hear how Tom died so quickly after his adventure in Cherbourg where we met him for the 3rd or 4th time.

He was one of the real authentic characters on the forum and we will really miss him here. Our thoughts go out to Karen and family members.

Bon vent Tom

John & Alena

My goodness. At what shocking speed this has all unfolded. Tom was one of those charachters that combined charm and a rascally wit with a deep practical and academic knowledge of the sea. The size of his heart and warm charchter touched all he knew - including my young daughter who deemed him the funniest person she had ever met!

Deepest sympathies from myself and my family.

Shocking news, will be missed obviously!

I for one know family members who have had cancer and been taken far faster than I could ever have expected, this is another terrible case just like that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

RIP

Edit:

If you look back to his final post on here, I think it is a shame to see that it was on the YBW admin thread where everyone was still bickering [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Sort of puts things in perspective... well for me it does anyway...
    "It's not that I think I'm better than you, it's just I'm a bit cleverer than you need to be to work here."

"Wolfie's got a BTEC."

"Exactly."

what rotten, rotten news - i just heard via phone a moment ago. Very very best regards to Karen from me and Diana.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast