Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

What shocking news. I first met Tom on one of the Cherbourg trips, after many years of exchanging banter with him on here, and reading his knowledgeable posts. He was the epitome of what these forums are about, sharing knowledge and having fun in equal measure. I will have a pint tonight in his honour. He was one of the people on this forum for whom I had a very soft spot, and will miss him intensely

I too, have not had the honour of meeting Tom, but always read his posts with interest. He will be missed, there are already too few gentlemen on these fora.

I'm sorry I can do little to help, Karen, but I'm sure you will find many memories to help you be gratefull for the good times you have had together.
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

Unfortunately I never met Tom but I certainly remember Tome - I'm completely shocked and saddened, especially as I'm afraid to say I missed his post about his illness so this came as a complete surprise.

My best wishes and condolences to his family.
    Boogeying, head down, in mindless, no-nonsense sort of way

Sad sad news.
    I only met him once it was late at night and our words were sticking together, well mine were anyway. When he joined our table I felt we were in the company of a forum star. A click on any post from Tome guaranteed sound advice, a witty riposte or a good anecdote.

There is nothing else I can add to what has already been said.

Sad sad news, a real shock here.

Our condolances to Karen and the rest of the family.

Stephen & Anne

(Galadreil)
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

I am gutted.

I only met Tom a few times and felt that I had met a friend for life.

RIP Tome

Tome was one of the smartest yet most modest people I've ever met. Hugely helpful, funny and hedonistic, he'll be sadly missed. It was a privilege to know him.

jstr Guest

Just left the Square Brewery in Petersfield where Tom's life is still being celebrated. I only met him once, in Cowes, and he was a fantastic character. Although there were a few tears today, we have celebrated a life - such a wonderful man - what a great shame he has been taken from us. I apologise that this post overlaps wit the memories one, but I feel the need to post - He was the same age as Richard and I , and we can't believe the swiftness of this - it's so sad.

As his last words to me via the VHF on the morning of the trip across to Cherbourg - "Have a good sail" ...

So sad to hear this. We often bantered when we met on the Cherbourg trips and was rafted to him this year. I will really miss his dry humor, a very nice person has left us.
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast