Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

I have only just picked up on the sad news about Tom and can't believe what I am reading. I was one of many who thought he would come through this and we would see him out on the water again next year.

I met Tom through this forum and was fortunate enough to sail with him on the second Scuttlebutt Cruise (along with Fatipa and the 'Emsworth Boys'). He even invited everyone who sailed on his boat for an end of season reunion dinner at The Sussex Brewery pub in Emsworth. The following year I did the crossing in my own boat and Tom was the one who gave me the encouragement to do it, helping me with passage plan queries and offering valuable advice. A true friend and gentleman.

We would like to offer Karen our condolences - our thoughts are with you.

Love - Les & Jean.
    Making up for lost time...

Like everyone else, I'm shocked and saddened by this awful news.

Condolences to Karen and the family. A sad loss.
    Nickel

Being paranoid simply means - having all the facts.

A virtual book of condolence is the way those of us that never actually met tome can convey some feelings for a respected forumite.

thoughts to the family
    Doug
    I changed it cos it was too long....to drink and in letters :-)
    If you are cutting wood, plastic or aluminium I may just be able to help you select the correct tool. www.cutting-solutions.co.uk

It's really hard to know what to write. I expect a few of us feel like that. But we should all say something because Tom was a good sort. I only met Tom a couple of times (Cherbourg, Cowes) but liked him very much and sometimes swapped friendly messages with him on here. He reminded me of the Tom in Roderick Random, a generous fellow and easily amused. Now both he and his crew from those days have 'gone aloft.' Well, wherever they are, I hope they've got their big chest of cold beers with them. Good luck and fair winds, Tom. You were one of the best.

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

I read the news earlier today, and thought if I waited a while I'd find something appropriate to say. But I can't. Tom will be sorely missed by many people, me included. Goodbye, mate.
    Next time, it'll all be different.

Condolences to his family. Tome and I exchanged just one private message some time ago, it was enough to give me the impression that he was a good person.
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

Default An evening with TK and tome

Ken must have had a bit of a fit one day, and he and his lovely wife decided they needed some lunatics to visit them at home in west london. So they invited tome and me, together withe with wives to keep thing vaguley in check, and it was a very very jolly evening as far as i can remember. I am so pleased to have had such a great time with tome (and all) that evebing and at other times too, but all the more very blo ody cheesed off that i won't be having another evening nor doing a transat with tom, ever. Feck! I am so very very sad at this, and flippin in tears, again.

Terrible news, both Claire and I will miss Tom (and Julie's) advice, banter and wit.

Thoughts and prayers with all who knew and loved him.

Never met Tom, apart from on these pages and feel saddened by his passing.
    Condolences to his family and friends.
    Alec.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast