View Poll Results: What should Keith do?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy me a pint next year (if I go again)

24 17.14%
  • Send me a complimentary ticket fot SIBS 2007

25 17.86%
  • Send me a complimentary ticket for LIBS 2007

29 20.71%
  • Sack the IPC Post Room Manager

23 16.43%
  • Blame Royal Mail, IPC posted the ticket OK and it is not their fault that Royal Mail lost it

9 6.43%
  • Tell me to p1ss off, he sent the ticket in good faith

30 21.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Seamanship in general

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think people get drawn into debate because a mischevious poster has started something silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or did I not put tongue firmly enough in cheek when I replied...hmm? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or did I not put tongue firmly enough in cheek when I replied...hmm? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, OK - I'm away back down my hole! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Your reply was obviously the more sensible way of dealing with it than mine. I believe that trolling ruins forums and like you, I still think that this was a troll. I'll think we'll all find that 'futtocks' is someone from another forum trying to wind us all up & have a bit of a laugh. A moderator with the ability to look at IP addresses would probably be able to match it to some wag elsewhere in here.

And as I look ironically at my own posts, I realise that now would be a good time to shut up on this subject(!)

Bye bye for good on this thread...

Serious or not it still started a good debate, ................. better get back to the mobo forum now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    See the rainbow not the rain

and no, I'm not Futtucks!
    See the rainbow not the rain

"If not duffers, won't drown"

Never taken a sailing course in my life, but read a lot, asked a lot of questions - and listened to the answers.

So in 40 years of coastal sailing (including trips across Channel, Irish Sea and Scottish Western Islands, I haven't yet got into a scrape I couldn't get out of. But there have been a few scrapes tho'!

Training is better than ignorance, but not as good as LEARNING. Trolls is fun anyway - why take things too seriously? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Boaty junk clogging up your shed or lockers? Chuck it in Marinaskip

Want a used bike, spares or repairs in Staffordshire? Visit http://back2bikes.org.uk/

[ QUOTE ]
    "If not duffers, won't drown"

[/ QUOTE ] If you're in the Lakes go to Bankground Farm on the East side of Coniston (Holly Howe in Swallows and Amazons)) for afternoon tea.

An "interesting" experience. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Another person's thoughts about you are outside of your jurisdiction.

Just to reply to Oldharry's tirade, I feel the general level of common-sense is a lot worse than it was. I've nothing against shiny new gadgets, only I've no budget or tolerance for shiny gadgets that are hardly better than a bit of elbow grease and applied common sense (seamanship) and a low tolerance threshold for "johnny New-gear-no-idea". Does this make me old fashioned? Or does the coal fired laptop give me away?

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Veritas liberabit vos, nisi prius ea re doleas.

I find your comments interesting about not going on training courses. From what I've read by you in the past you certainly know your stuff but I'm a great believer in training courses. The reason I say this is that I think one of the most important things about doing the relevent courses is that even more experienced people can find there is some small section of theory they have not come accross.
    A friend of mine (who is a bright chap) has been cruising for about 30 years is self taught and when I was doing a passage planning with him I was very surprised to find there were some things in this he was completely unaware of. By doing a training course he would have found 90% of it a piece of cake but been made aware of the bits that he needed to find out about.
    I'm in no way trying to reduce the value of being self taught but beware of having small blank areas. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So Im a troll am I?
    Interesting.
    I am genuine and wanted to se what people thought about my point of view, I didnt realise that Id stumbled into a WafI clique.
    Next question:
    Should we change the IRPCS Rule 12 ?, if so why?
    Comments please shipmates!
    Yo Ho Ho, the wind blows free

[ QUOTE ]

Should we change the IRPCS Rule 12 ?, if so why?
    Comments please shipmates!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think both sailing vessels should do an about face, probably the only way to avoid a collision. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast