Default WANTED: eberspacher - wiring diagram

Hi has anybody got a wiring diagram for an eberspacher D2 heater that shows how the 701 timer modulator connects in or knows how to connect one in?

The eberspacher website doesnt show how these connect.

My 701 modulator only has 4 wires red,brown,yellow and red/grey. I do not have any thermostat or rheostat device to control the temperature.

Heres hoping that some one out there has one.........

thanks in anticipation

Default Re: WANTED: eberspacher - wiring diagram

Hi,

The red should be +ve and brown -ve power supply for the timer unit, the yellow is the signal wire for the heater - when the timer "demands heat" this yellow wire will be "energised". The red/grey may be the diagnostic wire, though this has always been blue/white on timers I have had. Hopefully you can identify the yellow wire in your existing D2 loom and just splice the yellow from your timer into this. I'm sure you should have a remote temperature sensor to fit somewhere in the cabin; this could be where the red/grey wire comes in? The early 701 units didn't have diagnostics.

I'm not an expert and I don't want to be responsible for you blowing up your timer or Eber ECU, so it may be worth a quick phone call to your nearest Eber dealer!

Cheers, Jerry

Default Re: WANTED: eberspacher - wiring diagram

Also...

Have a look at:
    http://www.eberspacher.com/files/pdf...tion_22278.pdf

Page 20 shows general layout. Your 701 doesn't seem to have the right colours! You can see the temp. sensor I mentioned too. You may be better off with a new harness, but as I said before - probably best to give Mr Eber a quick call.

Cheers, Jerry