Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone ever ordered from Marine Megastore? (UK)

I tried to order some stuff at the weekend, on the internet.

I gave up eventually as their web site did not seem to be able to accept my money and went elsewhere.

Their 24 hour helpline was never answered.

Iain

From what has been said sounds like I did the right thing

Default Re: AVOID MARINE MEGASTORE

I wish I had found this site before ordering from Marine Megastore. I ordered on the 3rd of July and the same day the money was taken from my credit card. It is now the 4th August. Three phone calls,(NO ANSWER) six emails, (ONLY GET AN ELECTRONIC REPLY). This company appears to be a scam, so be aware and don't fall into the trap. DON'T ORDER from this company. After looking on Google Earth the address given is in a field? I am now going to aproach the local Trading Standards to see if they have any information on this company. Has anyone else got information on them please?

najsmith is offline Registered User

I used them last year. worked fine for me. Operate out of a small unit Nr. the hamble (if memory serves) and keep a floating stock of essentials.

not sure if they've got additional storage so they may be getting from supplier to pass on to you.

Seemd friendly enough.
    I Love the smell of Epoxy in the morning... smells like Victory [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Have been trying for 5 months to get a refund on an item delivered damaged. As the packaging was intact on delivery, it was signed for, but, on opening, the frame and glass were found to be broken. They said that as it was signed for, they would have to chase the insurance company, five months, many emails (mostly ignored) and several phone calls later they have decided that the photos sent did not really show the damage to the frame, only the broken glass. If however I had some glass cut and fitted it, and repaired the frame myself, I would receive a credit for the cost of the glass. When I explained that if I returned the goods, I would have to pay the cost of shipping, they said they could not refund the shipping charges!
    Beware!

Have just caught up with the thread started last February - too late possibly!
    Their Hamble office bust a gut to get my order out before Christmas bless 'em, but it wouldn't fit so I returned it but NOT in the original packing.
    The post was automatically redirected to Morpeth who admit receiving it, didn't examine it but signed for as damaged . They reckon the supplier will take several weeks to reach a decision.

Any legal Beagle care to comment on my rights when not returnedexactly as despatched?

Malaprop, what exactly was the item you were returning and what was the discrepancy in packaging? This will help us assess whether they're making a fuss over nothing - e.g. a Musto jacket returned in a bag rather than cardboard box (not an issue as they're not sold in a cardboard box on the shelves anyway) or a battery charger returned in a different box (an issue as the original sales packaging is needed to sell it on the shelves).

In terms of your rights, under the Distance Selling regulations you have 7 working days after receiving the item to cancel the contract and send the goods back in reasonable condition. Anything above this - if you returned within 14 days - would be totally at the company's discretion.
    New boat project: http://elizmor.co.uk

Default Re:Dealing with Marine Magastore

The item was a s/s galley sink which proved to be just too wide to fit into a custom-made worktop. The Hamble office agreed my action in returning it BUT didn't mention their Returns Policy which I have now downloaded (no reference to original packing) nor was an Authorisation Number issued.
    I'm now dealing with someone in Morpeth who admits he didn't unpack the item to check its condition but has forwarded it to the supplier for comment.

Could I be set up for an unlawful, therefore rebutted, claim?
    And should my credit card goons be informed?

Thanks for your input - have sent e-mail.

VicS is offline Registered User

Marine Megastore's returns policy seems to be far from the "No quibble money back" policies that some suppliers operate. On that basis it would appear that since the item supplied was the item ordered and that if it was delivered in good condition you have no basis for a refund. Basically it's your responsibility to ensure that the item you order is suitable for the use which you intend it for.

However if they agreed to accept it back despite that then they should stand by that agreement but I guess you have no record or proof of that.

They seem to have such a poor reputation that you'd think they might try a bit of "good will" but it seems unlikely.

You are at their mercy IMHO.

Worth a try with the credit card company but don't hold your breath.
    Sea Wych Owners Association: www.Seawych.org

[ QUOTE ]
    Marine Megastore's returns policy seems to be far from the "No quibble money back" policies that some suppliers operate. On that basis it would appear that since the item supplied was the item ordered and that if it was delivered in good condition you have no basis for a refund.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true - anything ordered via mail order/phone/internet can be returned in its original condition within 7 days of receiving the item. They are obliged to act on this and issue a refund.

I would write a letter that says this very bluntly, referring to your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.
    New boat project: http://elizmor.co.uk

VicS is offline Registered User

I took " unopened, unused and returned in its original condition within 7 days " to mean that the item should not have been unpacked. perhaps that is not what it means but its a condition they could hide behind.
    Sea Wych Owners Association: www.Seawych.org

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast