Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Default Marine Megastore SHOCKING SERVICE !!!!

I placed an order for parts on 24 Jan 2011, money was taken out my account the next day. 12 days later 3 of the 6 items arrived, another 10 days and 2 more items arrived saying that fuel gauge I had ordered was to follow. I heard nothing for 4 weeks so contacted them only to be told that the gauge was no longer available but they would try source one. Again no word from them. Contacted them on 11/03/2011 and was told again that gauge was longer available but they had an alternative. I said that would be fine and asked them to dispatch gauge.
    The next day I recievd a call from customer services saying that gauge was 2.50 or so more than original one and would I mind if they took the balance which I agreed to. It is now the 19/03/2011 and still no gauge has arrived.
    I have contacted them through live chat this morning but still not had any response.
    I can only say the service is shocking and I would never recommend them to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post

Anyone ever ordered from these guys? ......................

Pretty peeved off, won't be ordering from them again
    They are notorious as a quick search on this forum would show. Maybe one or three people get prompt correct deliveries, but then no-one can foul up all the time.

In my case they refused to honour a discount offer on their web site, even when trading standards took it up with them. I have never dealt with them since this time and never will again.

Jim@sea is offline Registered User

Perhaps in these days of easy internet access when you order something "on line" off a retailer, they dont actually have it in stock, and when you place your order, some one at the shop goes through the days orders and then orders it "on line" from the importer, who dosent tell them if its even in the country.
    I am a great believer in using the phone and asking "is it physically in your possession"

I have never dealt with MM , but I am led to wondering what ARE the boundaries with which YBW will trade wit its advertisers?
    There may be hundreds of satisfied customers of MM, but there is nobody that attracts quite as much crticism. Perhaps they should do some silent purchases of items for review, and deal with the consequences of paying and witing months for their non arrival or non refund? or perhaos they could report that brand X was unavailable to review because MM failed to deliver it?

Quote Originally Posted by chewi View Post
    I have never dealt with MM , but I am led to wondering what ARE the boundaries with which YBW will trade wit its advertisers?
    There may be hundreds of satisfied customers of MM, but there is nobody that attracts quite as much crticism. Perhaps they should do some silent purchases of items for review, and deal with the consequences of paying and witing months for their non arrival or non refund? or perhaos they could report that brand X was unavailable to review because MM failed to deliver it?
    That may well be a good idea.
    In fairness to YBW though, they have allowed this subject to be aired on this and other threads. Plenty of people have had the opportunity to see what MM is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@sea View Post
    Perhaps in these days of easy internet access when you order something "on line" off a retailer, they dont actually have it in stock, and when you place your order, some one at the shop goes through the days orders and then orders it "on line" from the importer, who dosent tell them if its even in the country.
    I am a great believer in using the phone and asking "is it physically in your possession"
    Absolutely.

Apart from things in season, like antifoul for example, I would estimate that only about 25% of the items advertised are actually in stock.

The reason why things often take a long time is because they build orders in order to obtain free carriage from the suppliers. There is no incentive for them to get a move on because they have your money anyway. When they eventually do place the orders , the supplier then often tells them it's not in stock or whatever. Yet another delay.

I think we would all be helping each other if we never deal with an online chandler that takes your money first.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

Default Very bad service

Just to chip in with my experience; the worst I have encountered from any online retailer or mail order retailer for that matter. Item month late still not here, 2 unanswered e-mails, unanswered phone calls, live chat facility cut off mid way through! Absolutely horrendous shopping experience.

Don't ever use them, I will not be using them again.

Thanks
    Alex

Mel is offline Registered User

Thumbs down

Yep I made a big mistake going there recently - I was led to them via the RYA web-news system - so beware RYA leads cannot be taken as of quality.

This company seems to have no idea about customer service - never again!!!

Default Never will buy again to Marine Megastore.

On 28th April I ordered a Harness from Marine Megastore. It cost me 127. The status of the order didn't change until I received it, today, 30th May.

After 2 weeks of ordering, I contacted (after several tries) throught live chat. They said me that there was no stock for my product and that I will have to wait for 2 weeks more. So: 2 weeks of first waiting, 2 weeks to get stock, and 2 weeks for sending.

Obviouslly I begun to think that my money was lost.

I contacted other times and they said me that the product will be send. It was send and I received a deliver following ticket. Since the product was out from MM, all goes ok.

Since today. I received the product and it is not what I ordered. The contents of the box is.. a shorts.....

I'm scared. I lost 127 and I'm from Spain -> I don't speak english very well so I can't phone them. The Live chat is offline today, so I'm thinking if they are not allowing customers with no in-course orders to contact them through chat...

What can I do? I'm a student and 127 is a lot for me...

I expect to contact them and return the product, and then, cancell all my previous orders and get my money back, and finally send them to the hell.

DaveS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lipi View Post
    On 28th April I ordered a Harness from Marine Megastore. It cost me 127. The status of the order didn't change until I received it, today, 30th May.

After 2 weeks of ordering, I contacted (after several tries) throught live chat. They said me that there was no stock for my product and that I will have to wait for 2 weeks more. So: 2 weeks of first waiting, 2 weeks to get stock, and 2 weeks for sending.

Obviouslly I begun to think that my money was lost.

I contacted other times and they said me that the product will be send. It was send and I received a deliver following ticket. Since the product was out from MM, all goes ok.

Since today. I received the product and it is not what I ordered. The contents of the box is.. a shorts.....

I'm scared. I lost 127 and I'm from Spain -> I don't speak english very well so I can't phone them. The Live chat is offline today, so I'm thinking if they are not allowing customers with no in-course orders to contact them through chat...

What can I do? I'm a student and 127 is a lot for me...

I expect to contact them and return the product, and then, cancell all my previous orders and get my money back, and finally send them to the hell.

Yesterday was an English holiday which might explain why the chat line wasn't working. Better luck today, maybe?

The service you report is truly awful and I really hope (maybe against the odds) that you get it sorted out soon.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast