We've got the mooring sorted and now need the boat. We are looking for:
1. A boat that's more home than yacht
2. Sail or motor but preferably motor sailer
3. Has a 'proper' cabin, a decent double berth and a single cabin.
4. She may turn into permanent a home but will be home for 15 weeks a year for the next 10 years
5. Between £15,000 and £40,000
6. 35 to 50 feet
We're not after a world girdler - just an honest, safe, roomy boat that will take us to Holland and up the East Coast but is also a home. Should we go wood or will the maintenance drive us nuts? As conversion is no problem, should be go steel? What about ferro? There are any number of wooden MFV's out there but does anyone actually buy them?
Thanks for your help and advice. Simon