Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denny island

Default Re: Denny island

The stories of an over abundance of rats have so far kept me away. I’d love the know if these tales were false.

In the 1960s/70s it used to be covered in strange cabbagy/sprouty plants that I've never seen anywhere else. Not many birds. Didn't see any rats, but they may have been hiding. Rats would explain the lack of birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    I always looked at it when I was going over the SSC, and wondered what it was! I got the charts out and had a good look, and wondered how many boats have hit it over the years, as it isn't that conspicuous on either the Admiralty or Stanfords chart. I too would be interested in knowing more. It isn't lit at all as far as I could see.
    It has been hit during a race as another forumite might remember. No names no packdrill for the skipper.

It is too small to be likely to hold a resident population of rats and smells of guano but has had an overnight stay. Many of the sands round there are quick on a rising tide so exploring it not without challenge.
    A boat is for going places

The RNLI pulled someone off Denny shoal on Saturday evening. The BBC have details. Maybe someone from here trying to visit?
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    The RNLI pulled someone off Denny shoal on Saturday evening. The BBC have details. Maybe someone from here trying to visit?
    Allan
    RNLI? or SARA?

Portishead I believe, no forms of communication or propulsion IIRC which makes me think it may be a dinghy?
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12