Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Carry on Boating - I don\'t think so!

So how long to minimum oil production?

No answer to that one but the guy Chris Skrebowski goes on to say that in 2011 fuel distribution systems will get "ragged" and "anticipation is always worse than reality"

OK then - nothing to worry about folks!

I clearly remember the "experts" saying in the mid 70's that we would run out of oil during the nineties.

They also said we were entering a new Ice Age.

I am sure the RYA have a subtle plan up their sleeve and i think i know what it is.

Now that we will be taxed more, the limit will be moved to .. say 1205 days to till oil production overload.

So enter the RYA saying that sailing is the be all an end all to 'green' transportation. Welcome to the pre 19th century. We will all have sailing vehicles without an engine.
    Before you jump to conclusions by seeing the sailing boat in my picture and think that i will just be as bad, the engine can be a godsend in certain conditions. I am a petrol head and i hate these high prices both for boats and road vehicles.

Now RYA's secret (maybe devious) plan. Sail powered road vehicles. By 2012 we will be tacking down the M1 to the olympics!!! M4 users will probably have a better time as they will be able to use their spinnakers.

Lo and behold! RYA will have more members and loads more to teach! chi-ching!!
    Somewhere between reality and fantasy......

RYA now = Road Yacht Association.
    regards,
    Philip

Default Re: Red diesel decision is in: full rate at pump from November

Been out of it for a while, but I think Red Diesel missed the emphasis on the word "relatively". It was meant to make it clear that all boat owners are not well off gin drinkers, but at the same time they do not tend to be on benefits. Boat owners now need to get together with other diesel users & make a stand, but unfortunately Gordy has learned how to push it just far enough & then make it look like he has climbed down, which of course he cannot afford to do.

Of course, I forgot you would listen to the one person who was right, cleverly discard all others who are clearly wrong.

So you listened to one lecture, and decided that was fact. congratulations. i hope you aren't so narrow minded in other aspects of your life. I appologised last time you felt I was a little harsh on you. not this time. you're a twat and are on ignor.

I doubt you'll bother, but a few articles worth reading, just to get you atrated:

http://www.dailyreckoning.com/rpt/OilShale.html

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...ssive_oil.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...aign_id=alerts

[ QUOTE ]
    It seems to me that the RYA are just looking after their own interests and not boaters in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, just noticed, huh. Welcome aboard.

Hi Jez! Little windy down here in Cape Town today but warm and diesel costs about 55p / litre.
    Anyway thanks for your links - I picked them all up and read them carefully - thank you! I forgot to tell you that I have spent nearly all my working life in the petrochemical business in both upstream and downstream so I'm fairly familiar with the economics of shale extraction. Personally I don't think its going to happen as the numbers really don't add up but - hey Jez - what do I know!! I'm blind, stupid, arrogant, close to breaking point, ignorant and now a twat!
    When I get back to the old country Jez I'll visit with you and we can have a cup of tea and chat about the good old days when we just filled her up and never bothered to even count the change!

Pip pip Jez

the only way to stop them is do it the french way how long does it take to stop all movement blockade the fair ways to main fuel ports all fuel movements are by sea before they are by road

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast