Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hurricane is offline Registered User

Default By popular request

I recently scrapped the web server that was hosting some of links to my posts on this forum. Now switched to photobucket which seems easier to use anyway.

Anyway, I've had a request to repost my instructions on how to make a soft eye on the end of a braid on braid rope.

So here it is again - sorry, I've had to convert the instructions into JPGs - the origional was a PDF file but photobucket doesnt handle it and I couldnt be bothered to find some spare web space.

I origionally put this technique together because every other one I tried didnt seem to work.

However, I will have to make some excuses here. The technique DOES work but when I demonstrated it to the Wokingham forum group in the pub last year, I failed miserably.

Every time that I've done it at home it has worked well but at the pub, I asked djefabs to bring some braid on braid along and none of us could make it work - Derek, I think it was your rope that was to blame. They say it is a bad workman who blames his tools but, seriously though, I think that you have to have the correct rope for this to work well. It also doesnt work for old or used rope. So get the correct stuff or get an expert to do it for you. That said, it is very rewarding if you can master it.

Here are the notes:-

BTW - no comments from the Wokingham lot - as if....

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

Default Re: By popular request

ahh, now you're going to make me dig up the phots from the 'live' demonstration last year.....
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

epervier is offline Registered User

Mike having read your instructions very carefully, twice, I've come to the conclustion, that the easiest part of your instuction is:-................

"or get an expert to do it for you."
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "It's Better to Have Memories Than Dreams"
    "blow Q, cycle main vents"

thanks for re-posting, will let you know how I get on!

Oh ?hit [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Now then,when i come back to this in a couple of weeks i wont be able to find it coz the search on hear is **** [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Never Argue With An Idiot,They Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience

I agree.
    Shame - the old search worked well for me.
    In the past, I have learned so much from this forum by searching for a topic that I wanted to find out about. Many times, I have googled, only to find a link back to YBW.
    The current search facility doesnt work anything like as well as the old one.
    I know we dont pay for this service but it was soooo useful to have this information available at the press of a button.

Please, please, please IPC can we have our old search back?

whisper is offline Registered User

"Please IPC......."
    HERE HERE!!!!

If you read the comments by Kim in the forum feedback section, he says that part of the solution to speeding up the forums was a new database, and the old search engine won't work on the new database.

Dan did post asking if we wanted a faster forum with less freezing and hiccups which would mean doing away with the search engine, so having any sort of search engine is an added bonus.

Kim also states they are working on a new custom built forum software, so hopefully when that is implemented, there will be a good search function.

Bit passé these days - you need to do it in video and put it on youtube [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rick