Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jfm is offline Registered User

Default Re: Poor Service Warning.........

I have bought loads from MES over the last 7 years and found them excellent. My last order was 400 worth delivered perfectly on time about 2 months ago. I nearly always use them as my first port of call. Not disputing your facts, hope it was a one-off slip up by MES

Nick_Pam is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    With regard the original post - I apologise that you had a less than satisfactory experience.
    I beleive it was me personally that emailed you regarding the delay in the product arriving. As i pointed out to you in my subsequent email i made a mistake and for whatever reason thought you had ordered a different product (yes, i should've double checked first- lesson learnt)

I'm not going to offer any excuses as there are none, it was a human error on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your public response and acceptance of a sub-optimal service....I do recognise that there was some human error involved - my challenge was that I was continually having to chase to understand the state of play with regard to delivery, having already been clear about my pressing need on the day the order was placed.

My issue is about the number of companies who advertise products via the Internet that they do not have in stock to sell...

Had I known that you had no stock, I would have ordered elsewehere in the first place, due to my pressing need for shipment.

Had I phoned up instead of ordering via the Internet, I would have found out the status and witheld my order.

Having said that, the reason I ordered from you in the first place is that many users of this forum have sung the praises of MES in the past.....

Lessons to learn for both of us I suspect and I am VERY grateful that unlike many other companies, you were prepared to acknowledge a failure publicly.

For that at least, you deserve another chance and I will be happy to give you one when the situation next arises.

Kind Regards

Nick Buckley
    Want one...

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    With regard the original post - I apologise that you had a less than satisfactory experience.
    I beleive it was me personally that emailed you regarding the delay in the product arriving. As i pointed out to you in my subsequent email i made a mistake and for whatever reason thought you had ordered a different product (yes, i should've double checked first- lesson learnt)

I'm not going to offer any excuses as there are none, it was a human error on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your public response and acceptance of a sub-optimal service....I do recognise that there was some human error involved - my challenge was that I was continually having to chase to understand the state of play with regard to delivery, having already been clear about my pressing need on the day the order was placed

My issue is about the number of companies who advertise products via the Internet that they do not have in stock to sell...

Had I known that you had no stock, I would have ordered elsewehere in the first place, due to my pressing need for shipment.

Had I phoned up instead of ordering via the Internet, I would have found out the status and witheld my order.

Having said that, the reason I ordered from you in the first place is that many users of this forum have sung the praises of MES in the past.....

Lessons to learn for both of us I suspect and I am VERY grateful that unlike many other companies, you were prepared to acknowledge a failure publicly.

For that at least, you deserve another chance and I will be happy to give you one when the situation next arises.

Kind Regards

Nick Buckley [/quote

Exellent and sensible responses by both parties, if only more companies would follow suit and put their hand up to errors, more would be given a second chance.

Default Well done MES

Fair doos for owning up and the apology. I've used MES for a few years and found their delivery, especially their product knowledge and help top class.
    Ocean Froggie

Default Re: Well done MES

PS: We're based in Ireland and found their delivery here fast too. Generally though we look for good pricing.
    Ocean Froggie

Default Re: Poor Service Warning........

With all the will in the world most companies can get things wrong once in a while, its a great credit to MES that thay have responded in the way they have as many companies would not have been so open & honest.
    I have delt with MES on many occasions & have always been delighted with their excellent service & product knowledge.

DavidJ is offline Registered User

Sounds to me like a poor business process. It's very easy to say sorry and carry on but I see no attempt to relook at the business process and make changes.
    I can't see any reason to deal with MES when there are so many businesses out there who have the correct and robust processes to deliver customer service.

It's a free world, deal with who ever you like. It's called market supply and demand. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I've never seen a perfect business, nor a perfect product, but the Garmin 276C comes closest [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Ocean Froggie

We've also used MES in the past, plotter and DSC, before they moved to the new premesis, and found them v good.
    Fair play to them for posting on here and trying to make amends, that kind of restores my faith in people, a lot wouldn't have bothered, yesterdays news and all that.
    Is it MES that offer tuition? I could use some pointers on using my new Standard CP180 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (not bought from MES).
    ps have just sold my Betamax as I couldn't set the timer on it!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    See the rainbow not the rain