Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Folk boat

Default Re: Folk boat

[ QUOTE ]
    This is not a row. This is a lively debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a "free and frank exchange of views"? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dat's de one.

The thing is, you've got to air these big questions from time to time, even thought they have inevitably been done before. (Not helped by the fact that the ybw search engine never seems to work.) Unlike other, similar forums, this one does not insist on wooden boats, but classic boats. That is a very interesting and extremely subjective term and one that I am always interested in hearing other people's definition of.

Just got back from "Hera" the ciber sailors are havin a great time throwin the rattles about again ...at least Hera is on the water........luv wood ....luv boats of all sorts .........if you want controversey go to the lounge..only polite peeps needed here
    I'm happy to be free as the wind as the wind is tax free, so far.

Hi misty,just been for the first sail of the season in my shoebox, average speed 5.5knts not bad for a box,eh. Passed a few AWB`s on the way back also. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just so you know, sweetie-- I'll choose where I throw my rattles, not you.

Jings, it's amazing what a few pints does for some people.

Well may i suggest you stop drinking then.

If you want perfection - then it will cost an arm & a leg. If you are happy to own a leaky but pretty bucket that might sink one day (60's eastern Europe glue)

Omg im gunna sink!....ill salute You as i go down....must get these ribs fixed!..btw.
    ""

Oops sorry Niander, forgot you had one ! Had that drummed into me by the old boys at Shepherds here, who used to make similar carvel FB's in the 50's & 60's (that cost twice as much ..)

I guess if you want to do a jester & cross the Atlantic a few times you might want to get a few tubes of glue, just in case, but for a bit of local pottering just slap some paint on light the pipe & sup the amber nectar. Bit of clean salt water keeps the bilges sweet anyway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Tell me, what kind of fantasy world do you occupy? You know nothing about me and you proceed to insult me with offensive ad-hominem abuse and presumptions about me and how I live my life, based on nothing more than your own prejudices.

Pay attention to the following: you have lost the argument when you resort to personal smears.

And that is the end of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that you feel like this. I based my response on your previous choice of words and general conduct toward others, it is the only conclusion that I personally can genuinely arrive at.

All I am saying is that you fit in to an accepted sterotype ( based on your own words in this thread) that I have personally experienced. I did try to explain that this was a theory, but surely something must account for the aggression and unpleasantness you chose to use for no good reason.

If my theoretical reasons are wrong, which they appear to be, I would genuinely like to know what makes you behave in this way and the reasons for it.

I genuinely wish to know.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast