Default Tenders-HLB you were right

After a few days of expermenting, my back hurts, my arms hurt, and another part of my body has a pain in it now.plus the several occasions of nearly falling in the marina hanging on to the mercury

Hlb you are right, get the smallist dinghy posible and a nice small outboard.

Have messed around with a mercury 5hp 2 stroke and a 3.6m inflatable
    Mind you did get one good thing from it, the LVM hi-speed inflater/deflater is good

Thanks to everyone who commented in the original post .

Any good recomendations on small inflatables ?//

cheers

ians

Default Re: Tenders-HLB you ere right

Ian
    we have a Wetline 230 with a mariner 2hp 2s it works brilliantly as a tender and the kids love it as well
    its light enough to carry easily and Connor(10)carries the 2hp
    But no street cred in your Marina [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    Cheers Joe
    "It was the crew's fault"

Well the inflatable I borrowed was a 2.6m airdeck, was quiet impressed how fast it got on the plane with the 5hp on, but as soon as it got on the plane that was it.
    laid down in it with every heavy item removed and minimal petrol, pair of shorts and a t shirt it did 13.2 knots, and then I got overtaken by all the kids from the marina with there 9.9 and 6hp. (and 4hp )

So its something small to pack away for holiday use, and something a little better for pottering up the river.

ians

O the shame

at least with a 2hp they know I'm not racing [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheers Joe
    "It was the crew's fault"

whisper is offline Registered User

Default Re: Tenders-HLB you were right

Have a look at the Lodestar range. They've come out very well in comparative tests over the last couple of years.
    They are in the middle of the road, price wise.

hlb is offline Registered User

Default Re: Tenders-HLB you were right

Bit daft, but I'm now thinking of going the other way. Now fuel Costs are getting beond anything acceptable, Im thinking of a bigger dinghy. Brought on sooner, By the demise of the Susumar, which started to decompose after the first year.

Im lucky, I have davets. Though some would hate them. WE drop the hook, then the dinghy, engine and all. Talked about it tonight.The dinghys very heavy. But luckily it wont have a long life.