Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Peter Cardy - BBC Breakfast

What a ****!

Didn't see all the details, however, I gathered a few friends bought toy dinghies and got swept 2 miles down the coast .... they had a mobile phone on them ...

Peter Cardy's advice .... wear a lifejacket when at sea ....

FFS you stupid **** - they didn't need lifejackets - they shouldn't be out there in a toy dinghy to start with. LJ's would have done NOTHING for them, they were in an inflatable!

DavenHelen is offline Registered User

Default Re: Peter Cardy - BBC Breakfast

Yet again, turning idiots into celebrities on the telly... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Dave - "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Robin is offline Registered User

I got the feeling that this was a piece using the BBC propoganda channel by the MCGA et al as a start of their wear a lifejacket even in the bath promotions. The 'dinghy', labelled for pool use only, of course should have been registered, it's registration number painted on it, the crew should have had qualification to at least Dazed Kipper or PB level 2, and of course it should have carried full safety gear including an in date liferaft.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

I got the feeling that this was a piece using the BBC propoganda channel by the MCGA et al as a start of their wear a lifejacket even in the bath promotions. The 'dinghy', labelled for pool use only, of course should have been registered, it's registration number painted on it, the crew should have had qualification to at least Dazed Kipper or PB level 2, and of course it should have carried full safety gear including an in date liferaft.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MCA guy, did point out that the 'dinghy', was clearly labelled on the fabric in 7 languages, which the users had not read, that it was a 'TOY' & should only be used in a pool.

He also stated that he personally used the BBC TV weather forecast to check wind direction. Must be getting a different signal to me then, since wind direction seems to be subordinate to temperature/rain/sun & is only on briefly.

On my local BBC TV weather, they show an excellent 5 day forecast in 'cartoon' format. However, as you read from left-right, it suddenly vanishes. If you blink you miss it. Almost subliminal forecast!

[ QUOTE ]

He also stated that he personally used the BBC TV weather forecast to check wind direction. Must be getting a different signal to me then, since wind direction seems to be subordinate to temperature/rain/sun & is only on briefly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should point out to him that there is an organisation called HM Coastguard who can provide accurate weather information - oh, he can't say that, can he, as the weather isn't broadcast when they're protesting at the poverty wages he enforces...
    If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

Has it occurred to you people that he may not have actually been talking to you?

Nope ... ppl who get interviewed on TV usually speak to anyone that listens .....

NealB is offline Registered User

I didn't see this interview, so can't make a definite judgement. However, regardless of his target audience, the message should be sensible. ie along the lines of "don't go to sea in toys that are designed for use in swimming pools".

I do hope the message didn't come across as "it's safe to go to sea in a toy as long as you wear a lifejacket".

Reminds me of an incident quite a few years ago - A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable false teeth
    was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coastguard spokesman commented, "this sort of thing is all too common". (The Times)

It's true I swear!

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    Umberto Eco

http://www.wotyacht.co.ukStand out from the crowd!

NealB is offline Registered User

Yes...I remember that one.