Default Using web client at work.

I see we are being advised to use the web client for leg 2. Howsoever I am unable to use the network I use at work, I can log on and the maps start loading but never finish. Does anyone know a work around?
    We wunt be druv!

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

Default Re: Using web client at work.

I cant use it at work either because my web filter blocks it.

Its the main reason why I moved away from VOR the official game. Please dont tell me someone is about to bugger up SOL as well. i was really enjoying it and could even be persuaded to join so they get some support, but not if they dont maintain the client.
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

Are you talking about the new Beta version http://www.sailonline.org/windy/run/107.? Normally, this is the one people find they CAN use at work.

I suppose you could try the rather minimalistic mobile/lightweight web client which, as a member, you can download from the bottom of the right hand column in the home or leaderboard pages. At least you can control the boat from there.

The other alternative is to retire. You don't really need much money to play SOL all day. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Whitelighter is offline Registered User

nope.

Toyota have decided that the content does not contain information relevant to business. Your request has been denied because of its content catagorisation

Can someone fix this and get shot of the meta data that isnt needed?

i have to be honest, this has really pissed me off.
    Half a dinari for an old ex-boater

Same with the NHS, I thought it could be considered a leadership building event? I can still plug my laptop in and use my own software via the network but not the web version!
    We wunt be druv!

I've tried the web client on a dial up and it loads up with maps but takes ages for the wind and race data to come through. up to 10 mins some times.
    I can use the web client at work but not the old downloaded one.
    Posted from my iPad so please excuse any spelling,grammar or punctuation mistakes