Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

Default Re: Southampton anchorages

I think (but I'm not sure) that boats can anchor off the Netley foreshore in some places. Not a great place to be though. Or try asking clubs like Marchwood if they have a spare mooring at the time you want.

Mind you, after the Rainbow Warrior stunt reported here, it's likely to become more difficult.

Next time, it'll all be different.

Default Poor old Jimboaw

Didn't get much info on Soton anchorages did he. Netley ugh. Osborn even ugher (often a lot of swell).

A short way up Beauliey River can be nice.
    The right spot at the right time of year in Newtown can be very nice - but a bit difficult for Soton.

Magic

Default Re: Poor old Jimboaw

You can say that again! . Can anybody at least confirm that it is possible to anchor off Mayflower Park or even up the Itchen near Northam Bridge?

Oh good grief, I am amazed my posting could possibly wind up someone who is anonymous. Guilty conscience?
    As for the 'apology' you seek, you could be my ex-mother in law for all I know.
    Keep smiling,
    J

Terry, it's the anonymous folk who really get my goat. They could be anyone with any axe to grind....
    Everyone who has met me knows I am a fair and reasonable type. I do let my frustration show from time to time as to what I see as totally unfair criticism, crass comments or muck raking. Perhaps I should not bother entering public debates on forums such as these and just concentrate on serving my existing customers??
    Cheers,
    John

John, please do'nt do that. You give an extra valued perspective to many of these debates and I certainly respect you for sticking your head above the parapet!

Keep smiling

Jim

Jings, bit hot today innit!

Don't let them get your goat! Keep above it. When you descend to their level you give them ammunition to reinforce their beliefs.

We welcome your contribution to the forum, and as mentioned, the fact that you put your head above the parapet.

John . Dont get me wrong, I have often admired the way in which you enter into the discussions relating to marinas and fight your corner when it comes to matters concerning MDL and I hope you will continue to do so! Just please read the post as they are intended ,they are not personally aimed at you and the arguement that you put up against this particular poster is a bit weak. Anonymous or not your post does indicate you KNOW this person and your attack on him was agressive and personal.This is not the first time you have entered into personal slanging matches with posters and as the MD of of such a high profile company I am sure many posters regard you as speaking for MDL . please take my comments as constructive criticism and not a personal attack on you .

Cheers

Terry

Now Promoted to Captain Clyst. My thanks are extended to Lazy Kipper .

Just off Marchwood port, in the lee of a boat called "Rainbow Warrior" should be just fine.

P.S. If you're boat is grey and looks like it might be capable of transporting war supplies, I'd go elsewhere - there's some folk around with spray cans...