Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Arc winner announced

Dunno but I noticed that as well. No obvious netting or straps so must have used lots of velcro or blue tac!

I think mixmaster must have fallen out of bed the wrong side [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish people would reserve their judgement until they've done an Atlantic crossing themselves, preferrably with a 6 month old on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you somehow replied to a post in another thread? If not what prompted this response to a simple question?

One of our fellow entrants in the ARC carried a jetski on the back of their 45 footer, all the way from the UK and round the Caribbean. Putting aside the desirability of the machine itself, it would seem you can cart all sorts of stuff that way. I imagine the people in the pics have added some extra lashing eyes.
    One hull good, two hulls better.

moodyNick is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish people would reserve their judgement until they've done an Atlantic crossing themselves, preferrably with a 6 month old on board.

[/ QUOTE ]How do you know who has done the Atlantic, ARC or not, and who hasn't?

If folk choose to take a 6 month old with them, that's their personal choice .... and problem.
    Taking me seriously is a big mistake. I certainly wouldn't. (Ani Difranco)

highandry Guest

Jazz, I think I can see a lashing, certainly through the black handle of the red fuel container anyway mate. I saw a few boats with things stowed on the stern platform leaving the Canaries. Normally not many boats under that ensign go to sea badly prepared, at least not that I've noted. I think you'll be ok unless the weather kicks up, then just haul it aboard. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another photo of the transom here:

Their website is here, but it's all a bit foreign [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

http://madonna.aasgaardstrand-seil.no/#category1

Saguday is offline Registered User

Great. Well done them.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    Every silver lining has a cloud...

Actually, that's quite a massive achievement to win it with that boat and crew isn't it?

That's a really "makes yer feel good" post.

Bloody good show I would say. And they have given me an idea where to lash my kids when they get a bit over the top.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion @ 35 an hour. But you are getting it for free.

One early pix on the arc website showed a beach ball attached at the rear [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] hope it was'nt the lifering

jbweston is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you somehow replied to a post in another thread? If not what prompted this response to a simple question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear! Let's outsmile 'em.