Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Are marina prices having and effect on the design of yachts?

Maybe I should look at the beam more carefully as well as the overall length. Regarding my dilemna. A Rustler 31 looks a better bet than a Nich 32 Mk10. This, of course, is all other things being equal type of thing.

I wonder what the best, cost effective dimension band is in todays marinas. From what I see, the big boats may cost more but are better value on overall length but get zapped in marinas which calculate volume L x B.

saltwater_gypsy is offline Registered User

As others have said , the charging in the Med. is more and more determined by the area of your boat OR the marina will have 8m,10m,12,15m,and 20m berths.
    So, if you can limit your boat length to 12m (39.3ft) with moderate beam you probably have an economic proposition for cruising in the Med.
    Maybe that's why there are so many Bavaria38s around!!
    "Cruising is boat maintenance in paradise"
    Seastream 43:
    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...gypsythree.jpg

Hi, Bavaria 38 (2001-2006) is on my short list of boats (very shortlist now). I did notice that LOA is 12.13metres. Was wondering if this ever caused any issues in marinas charging over 12 m rate or am I worrying about nothing. Suppose I am asking are marinas precise about measurements

Twister_Ken is offline Registered User

UK marinas tend to be precise on length, esp. for residents, coz they park you alongside, whereas where you park bow (or stern) to they are more concerned about precise beam.

Put another way, sideways-on marinas sell length, whereas bow-to marinas sell beam.
    Next time, it'll all be different.