TNT is offline Registered User

Default Transport Malaga - Almerimar

We are arriving in Malaga 25th April around mid-day and in the past have hired a car to drive to/from Almerimar. Problem is we are not flying back so need a one-way hire to be either dropped off or collected from Almerimar Marina or El Ejido town, this is proving difficult. The other option is to get a bus from the airport to Almerimar but I can't find any info on the net. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.
    "Engineers do it with feeler gauges"

Default Re: Transport Malaga - Almerimar

Easy to get a train from the airport into Malaga, near the bus station.
    From there buses (air conditioned coaches) every couple of hours to Almeria, presumably also El Ejido or maybe even Almerimar, or change.
    Website here http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/busqueda.asp#
    > french-waterways.com < Information+Inspiration!

castlevar is offline Registered User

If you have not booked flights fly into almeria i can give you name of a cheap taxi.
    geoff

Thanks Geoff but we cannot fly into Almeria until mid May, no flights available which is why we have to go into Malaga.

we are flying from belfast to manchester to almeria via monarch possibly may not suit you.
    returning to yard in almerimar begining feb will try to get you info on transport from malaga.
    geoff

There are regular express buses from Malaga bus station (next door to the railway station) to El Ejido bus station. Journey time is 3 hrs 45 mins, including a 15 minute stop at Motril. The fare last year (one way) was about 12 euros, I think.

Alternatively, http://www.doyouspain.com/car-hire-malaga-airport.htm - Do You Spain does one-way car rentals but I think the nearest drop-off point to Almerimar is Almeria Airport, but I may be wrong, there may be one in El Ejido.

Alan
    If I procrastinate today, rather than tomorrow, will that be personal development?

Anonymous Guest

The bus is the best option. Mrs L did it last year. Airport - Malaga - El Ejido is not a bad journey if you are arriving midday. Then take the local bus to Almerimar, or take a taxi though I'm not sure there's a rank at El Ejido as we always take the bus or get a lift from a friend.

Hi
    t n t we are flying to malaga on 31st from there we will then look for a coach to almerimar returning on 12th will let you know our transport results.
    geoff

Great thanks Geoff

10. Default Re: Transport Almeria - Almerimar

Hi GeoffIs there any chance of transport on Thurs 9 April (tomorrow) from Almeria to Almerimar?
    Joanne