Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Drascomber is offline Registered User

Default 500 fine for flying Cornish etc ensign

I am told that the fine for flying an invalid flag as an ensign e.g. EU Flag, Saltire, Cornish flag etc is 500.

If this is true, does any one know of any real case where a yachtie has actually been prosecuted?

Beadle is offline Registered User
    Location : Rural Nth Yorks - 2 miles from bus stop, 8 miles from station.

Default Re: 500 fine for flying Cornish etc ensign

I don't know is the honest answer, but I suspect that it is true about being illegal, most things are nowadays.

Perhaps best dealt with by addressing the peaked cap in broken English that you are Outer Mongolian and want political asylum. They will probably pay you the 500.

Its really not something I would worry about.
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Why would you want to replace the ensign? It bugs me that we seem to be the only nation ashamed of its own collective identity. Fly a local flag, but fly an ensign as well. This country has a fine tradition of tolerance, innovation and defence of the weak. We get it wrong, but by God when it counts, we often get it right as well. Our collective British identity counts for something, we are capable of being individual yet at the same time part of a wider diverse body of people. It's not jingoism to fly a national ensign, in a very small way it's putting yourself in a bigger picture than just the few square miles of Britain that you can bear to be proud of.
    Colvic Watson slideshow video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RayUzX7LZQ

saltwater_gypsy is offline Registered User

Simon...... your'e full of that stuff we don't mention on the Forum. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    "Cruising is boat maintenance in paradise"
    Seastream 43:
    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...gypsythree.jpg

Fascadale is offline Registered User

This will play well in my part of the world where many of us are proud of our collective Scottish identity but not so happy with a UK identity.

I always find it strange that so many who are so happy with the union that is the modern United Kingdom are so unhappy with the union that is the modern Europe.

And yes I know we should be proud to sail under a flag beneath which many of our forefathers served and died, but I don't think that is entirely relevant to to-days world.

If you are happy to fly the flag of the old Union, by all means do so, but let the rest of us move on.

Robin is offline Registered User

[ QUOTE ]
    If you are happy to fly the flag of the old Union, by all means do so, but let the rest of us move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as far as possible, preferably leaving behind the subsidies we pay from our small part of the UNITED KINGDOM.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

[ QUOTE ]
    This will play well in my part of the world where many of us are proud of our collective Scottish identity but not so happy with a UK identity.

I always find it strange that so many who are so happy with the union that is the modern United Kingdom are so unhappy with the union that is the modern Europe.

And yes I know we should be proud to sail under a flag beneath which many of our forefathers served and died, but I don't think that is entirely relevant to to-days world.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very odd and bizarre post may I say.

Very enlightening though .

Do many Scots feel like this ?

[ QUOTE ]

A very odd and bizarre post may I say.

Very enlightening though .

Do many Scots feel like this ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming my humour detector ain't broke - its this lack of awareness (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on patronising) that makes many Scots feel like this!
    Missed my opinion? - No problem! - Someone elses will be along in a few minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
    Simon...... your'e full of that stuff we don't mention on the Forum. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Did you mean bull [--word removed--]?

There you go, you're right, it seems we don't mention it.
    Colvic Watson slideshow video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RayUzX7LZQ

Agree with you Simon on this one.