Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Javlin Jacket...

So who remembers javlin jackets... Probably only if you were into sailing in the 80's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I've still got mine just use it for old jobs. I stopped in amazement when i saw another chap wearing one at the weekend in chi marina. They were probably the first fleece coats... Do they still make them.... Are they making a come back...

So who on here had one or still wears one

Default Re: Javelin Jacket...

I use to have one until it disintergrated into little balls of fluff and became completely threadbare.

Hard to believe they were considered "pretty cool".

Default Re: Javlin Jacket...

[ QUOTE ]
    So who remembers javlin jackets... Probably only if you were into sailing in the 80's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I've still got mine just use it for old jobs. I stopped in amazement when i saw another chap wearing one at the weekend in chi marina. They were probably the first fleece coats... Do they still make them.... Are they making a come back...

So who on here had one or still wears one

[/ QUOTE ]
    The first of this type were the HellyHansen fibre pile jackets, very popular in mountaineering circles from the mid 1970s, I think Javlin came on the scene in the late 70s. I certainly remember buying them for my boys in about 1978. Very hard wearing fabric, still totally cool.
    Ken McCulloch
    Fulmar 32 'Fingal'

My Javlin jacket has long gone but I still have a pair of the matching warmer pants, in excellent condition vintage 1976 I think,and wore them this winter,found them still very good but they don't really 'breathe' so can get very hot.

Never mind the jackets, I remember the Javelin adverts with a young lady that apparently had trouble zipping hers up..

SWMBO has a wind and showerproof Javelin to this day but now relegated to winter in the yard. I had a matching one but inflation over the years meant it was dumped as no longer fitting me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

My pal still wears his....ancient, threadbare and scruffy....and the jackets is no better.

My Javlin Jacket still does service on board...ok, it is well past its prime (many would say like its owner!), BUT when it is grotty and you have a messy job to do (mid season scrub for instance!) it still serves its purpose. Also got a wind and waterproof Javlin Jacket that due to the ravages of time appears to have shrunk, but does fit SWMBO so also still in service!
    I wish they would move mornings to a more convenient time of the day...

I still use mine regulary. I wish they werer still made, but they went out of business about 3 years ago. I have had mine now for at least 15 years - not bad for a heavily worn item! Still nothing that directly replaces them out there.

I couldn't afford a Javelin when they came out but managed to by a similar look alike which is still reatianed for the painting jobs in colder weather.
    Peter

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast