Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Here You Go.....

they simply don't make 'em like that any more
    As a student in Sheffield in the early '80s Javelin seconds were a godsend and cheap at £4-10 a throw. Plus, if you asked nicely, they offered a bespoke service for not much more. I must admit I cannot recall having dealings with either of the two employees in the advert (more's the pity!)

that's the one... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have a nice jacket like that in blue the wife had a red one... I was maybe a few years out then saying 80's gosh am i that old [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Look at the heels on that, bet dobbin's shi££ing himself [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

http://www.equiworld.net/uk/ezine/1203/javlin.htm

ps the link to javlin doesn't work

Doesn't look at all like Chris Robb. His hair is a totally different colour........

Default Re: Javlin Jacket...

Still got mine- hard, rough shell but plenty of insulation.

Bit like wearing a corset though (I imagine!!!!)

Default Re: Javlin Jacket...

STill got mine, but for the past three years it has been keeping a coat peg warm. Pretty bulky when compared against a modern fleece, but if they about to become a fashion icon, I'll dust it off and put it back on (personal inflation allowing!)

[ QUOTE ]
    Doesn't look at all like Chris Robb. His hair is a totally different colour........

[/ QUOTE ]

Right dear boy - I think its time for a show down......

Default Javlin's

Ooh I had a right laugh reading this thread and was going to post how about how my co-owner still wears his on the boat...........but then when antifouling was mentioned I suddenly remembered and have just checked..... and yes I've got one too, the sort with the waterproof anorak on the outside..... and come to think of it so has SWMBO.
    It's getting to the time of the year for wearing the old thing with lift-out week-end just round the corner and then there's all that winter gardening... I can't wait!

Andrew

Default Javlin Jacket

Remember my dad getting two returned in a box of defective domestic light fittings. Mine lasted well but dad still uses his. Must be nearly 30 years old now!

Yoda

Yep - I had one, dark green and it was great but inclined to 'pilling'. That green was more or less identical to the Yeoman crew gear as I recall. There were countless Yeomans and one was a Sigma 38 which I did race on once - no royalty on board that day. I left it somewhere and never did meet the girls in the advert.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast