Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Javlin fleeces

Not only do I remember them but had mine on tonight in Glasgow to nip out for a bottle of wine. We were issued them on the oil rigs in the early eighties and mine is still going strong, I have never found another jacket that kept me so warm, forget Berghaus, Trespass, Belstaff or any others, I've tried them all and I wish they still made them that way: With the fleece on the inside where it should be. Mine is the blue model with the red stripe down the sleeve

Default Re: Here You Go.....

Hi
    I still have my Javelin Jacket it is the second one I have owned and it still is in good condition

I would love to buy a new one I see Javelin are advertising jackets however they do not seem to

have these. I wonder if they will bring them back into production Alan

Probably 1977 when I got one. Fell to bits in the end. used a lot. One of the arms is still on chafe protection duty on my starboard spreader.

I had a brand new one, bright red it was ... hung it up in the Royal Cornwall Yacht Club while we were in the bar after racing and when I came to leave it was gone along with 3 others .... there'd been 2 boatloads of Frenchmen in the bar so we reckoned we knew where the jackets went.

Default Re: Javlin Jacket...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Never mind the jackets, I remember the Javelin adverts with a young lady that apparently had trouble zipping hers up..

SWMBO has a wind and showerproof Javelin to this day but now relegated to winter in the yard. I had a matching one but inflation over the years meant it was dumped as no longer fitting me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Ditto !
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

LP
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDY View Post
    So who remembers javlin jackets... Probably only if you were into sailing in the 80's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I've still got mine just use it for old jobs. I stopped in amazement when i saw another chap wearing one at the weekend in chi marina. They were probably the first fleece coats... Do they still make them.... Are they making a come back...

So who on here had one or still wears one
    I've still got my purple one, still looks good.
    Well remember wearing it in my local, impressing the publican I could afford such luxury. Didn't have the heart to tell him I'd bought it in a closing down sale.
    Last edited by alant; 31-10-15 at 15:57.

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings

This is an extreme version of ironic nostalgia.

An original thread about an old item, revived as a reborn thread about a - now - even older item.

They don't make threads like they used to.

My last Javvyjacket was forest green, BTW
    Next time, it'll all be different.

I had one of the first few made by the girl who started them, just making them for friends and friends of friends of climbers and cavers in Sheffield. A good concept using pile coated fabric and I wore mine until it had holes but they then they became fashionable (?) and more expensive.

Default Re: Javlin Jacket

They were almost de rigueur at the British Kiel Yacht Club (BKYC) in the mid 80s, dark blue thick inside-out fleeces but not waterproof. When berthing BKYC had 'Baltic boxes' using warps to reverse onto the pontoon by grabbing outer pilings without using engines, so jackets had a variety of stains on the arms and front courtesy of seagull droppings. Most owners knew their own distinctive seagull crap pattern which helped ensure ownership was retained. They were fantastic at the time but doubt they would be considered so in comparison to today's equivalent.

Default Re: Javlin Jacket

Love this six year old thread...

Still got mine....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast