Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Here You Go.....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteCooper View Post

Default Re: Javlin Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by AIDY View Post
    Love this six year old thread...

Still got mine....
    I've never understood why people object to the revival of old threads. It's not as if a six year old opinion or experience is any less valid than one the poster just thought up - or thinks he just thought up as actually people were saying the thing he thinks he's just thought up six years ago . . .

Anchor threads . . . Frenchies don't use fenders . . . old boats are better built than new ones . . . blue ensign hatred . . . all motor boats are operated by bounders in disregard of the ColRegs. I'm sure a 1920s sailor, once he'd mastered the technolgy of the forum, would feel completely at home.
    Julian of Penguin
    Penguin's Progress

Default Re: Javlin Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by jbweston View Post
    I've never understood why people object to the revival of old threads. It's not as if a six year old opinion or experience is any less valid than one the poster just thought up - or thinks he just thought up as actually people were saying the thing he thinks he's just thought up six years ago . . .

Anchor threads . . . Frenchies don't use fenders . . . old boats are better built than new ones . . . blue ensign hatred . . . all motor boats are operated by bounders in disregard of the ColRegs. I'm sure a 1920s sailor, once he'd mastered the technolgy of the forum, would feel completely at home.
    Don't get me started on those 1920's sailors - no VHF, No AIS No GPS. How did they live. Should be tested to ensure competence etc. etc.

Default Re: Javlin Jacket...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Robb View Post
    I still use mine regulary. I wish they werer still made, but they went out of business about 3 years ago. I have had mine now for at least 15 years - not bad for a heavily worn item! Still nothing that directly replaces them out there.
    I still have mine and Louise now uses it during night watches - must be 30-40 years old... A brilliant product and would buy a new one instantly provided they kept advertising

The irony of this older thread is that Javlin Outdoor would appear to have stopped trading again. There was a jacket sold on eBay for £230! If I had known, I would have kept my old one in better shape... :-)

You all had the Javelin Jacket as I did (mine was blue) but did you have the obligatory "yellow wellies" to go with it?

Just asking

John

Quote Originally Posted by Paw Paw View Post
    I still have mine and Louise now uses it during night watches - must be 30-40 years old... A brilliant product and would buy a new one instantly provided they kept advertising

Ha ha - still using mine - but the zip has just bust....... useful for night watches in bumpy Spanish marinas no doubt!

I had a new zip put in mine by a sail loft in Australia when I was passing though - well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paw Paw View Post
    I had a new zip put in mine by a sail loft in Australia when I was passing though - well worth it!
    Bloody hell, what size is it?

Doing my best in my trusty old Javelin wetsuit, even if the zip-down look doesn't quite compete with PeteCooper's young lady ...

P.S. Bought in 1972 and still going strong, outliving two replacements. They built them to last!
    Last edited by AndrewB; 05-11-15 at 17:45.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast