Thread: 48 hr weather

Default 48 hr weather

Just been having a look, it looks a bit tricky 48 hours from now. Don't know Whether to go east or west of the Falklands. Close in shore to South America would be a good reach with lighter winds or go offshore for bigger headwinds. anybody got any thoughts?

It's far from over.
    Posted from my iPad so please excuse any spelling,grammar or punctuation mistakes

Default Re: 48 hr weather

I'm just sighing.... was hoping for a nice run up to Rio but looks like another tactical puzzle. This drastic wind shifts look interesting.

I just plugged into Sailplanner - it suggests an inner route east of falklands to start and then shoots across eastwards half way up S America. .... but sialplanner often changes routes drastically at short notice... god knows!

WHAT.......

You mean you use sailplanner.
    You actually plan your route and employ tactics..
    No wonder I'm about a week behind you.

I bet you don't even spend the odd afternoon relaxing on a beach [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    You are only young once....... But you can be immature forever................. Yippeeee.

I check occasionally with sailplanner- but its been next to useless for most of this leg, because its been split into two. Not to mention the different polars. Still, gives a benchmark against which to check what I'm planning already.

Beaches? I was walking on one but 8 hours ago!

My attempt to beach WB in the game were scuppered by her amazing flying ability.

Sailplanner!? Polars!? And I thought it was just a game!! I have to rely on just instinct, which is invariably wrong, but at least itís my instinct so I accept full responsibility. See you in Rio.
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]<span style="color:red"> Hello Everyone </span>

its only the freebie stuff on the SOL site- available to all. Nothing special!

Instinct works just as well.... if not better.

Surely you're not looking at the Falklands.

The leader of the Volvo Ocean Race Game is only at 86.11 W 47.32 S, which is 3135 miles from the goal.

Seems to me that the SOL game is too simplistic.

No ice gates to keep you on a more Northerly passage, discussions as to which way round NZ to go, the Volvo game had to go North.