Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 35.00%
  • no

13 65.00%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Current Tone of this forum

I feel embarrassed about the way in which some posts have been received by this forum recently.

I am pleased both sides get to air some of their views but I feel they can be aired in a more constructive manner, indeed I also have some contributions to make however I along with many others I suspect are not posting at present due to the current forum ambiance which has moved away from light hearted humour in favour of a more aggressive style.

I used to attempt to add a little humour, I accept others were far better at it, HLB, The Major, jhr to name a few who I also note are not as active now.

I had stopped posting as I felt the humour was no longer welcome, I tried again the last few days to contribute but I personally feel the forum has lost its way now.

How do others feel ?

The old light hearted days were more enjoyable, had more looking in and benefited from a more diverse audience of help.

Or a dull forum where you can only post in agreement or risk a barrage of abuse ?

bilbobaggins is offline Registered User

Default Re: Current Tone of this forum

Hear, hear!

I'm all in favour of gentler banter, and more sea-kindly dispositions. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

tico is online now Registered User

Pete
    If you look back, the tenor of the forum always gets a bit like this at this time of year.... cabin fever .. as peeps are awaiting the return of better weather.

Once the sun shines and boats are back in the water, then the tone improves as we all relax for another season (fingers crossed for a good one!)

and there will be loads more photos to post and look at! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    See the rainbow not the rain

hlb is offline Registered User

Your right, the forum is a shadow of it's former self. Mobo used to be the busiest forum of all and a laugh a minute.

Now it's just Gardeners Question Time.

I have a bit of a scan down the posts, a couple of times a day, but theres hardly anything that I feel I want to contribute to.

We used to play hell years ago, if folk just wanted there questions answered, without ever contributing anything, but eventually the battle was lost.

Not noticed any aggression. It's just boring.

I've not been here as long as some of you old timers but I've noticed more tetchiness building up over the last few months.

Hopefully it wil improve now the sun is shining.

TargaLout is offline Registered User

When you say "This" forum I presume you mean mobo bit? I think the lounge has taken the fun out of mobo forum, - non boaty threads etc, which is why it was invented? Lets dump the lounge and put non boaty threads back in the mobo forum? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "It's better to burn out, than fade away"
    Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

ari is offline Registered User

Great poll, have you considered a career in politics? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What do you want:

A forum where all is sweetness and light and everyone is happy and friendly?

A forum where there be ogres and monsters and everyone is miserable and you can't say anything and everyone hates you?

Not at all biased results expected there. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(All mooted in good humour, no offense, etc etc)
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Perfect example Ari of how it should be , a serious thread interrupted with humour [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

hlb is offline Registered User

Take a look down my golden oldie thread, for Tales Of The River Bank.

It started off with Norman Wyate asking quite innocently, whether the river Wissy was navigable, as he intended to buy a house there.

He was a bit gob smacked by the replies. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]