Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Azores 2012

Boomshanka is offline Registered User

Default Re: Azores 2012

My half-baked plan at the moment is to head for the start of JC2010 as a kind of 'shake down' sail... see everyone off on their merry way, and then try and get back to the Solent in one piece. If that works then I'll think about 2012! BTW... 1) would any Jesterites have any objections to folk joining in the pre-challenge build up in Plymouth in 2010, even if they're not planning on actually going across the pond this time (I'd be happy to take 2 or 3 relatives out to the start line if I'm there)? 2) are there any Jesterites in the Solent area interested in meeting up every now and then a la the East Coast gang?
    Are we there yet?

You so clearly haven't read any of the rules at all, have you !!!!!. Its just not allowed. How can it be ? Really ..... some people .........
    Life is just far far too short.
    http://www.sailblogs.com/member/pipedreamii/

Boomshanka is offline Registered User

Ah, yes, the jc rulebook. I got as far as 134.5.67sub-para.45.3 but then my eyelids grew unexpectedly heavy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Are we there yet?

Wunja is offline Registered User

Only a few more clauses and sub-paragraphs and you would have got to section 135, devoted to beer purchasing.

I'm another of the (antenatal) class of 62 intending to celebrate their half centuries on JAC2012.
    My single handed experience thus far is limited to dinghies and a particularly messy attempt to tie up the worlds worst handling 8 meter yacht in the worlds worst marina box. Good thing there are 3 more seasons to practice!
    Vince
    Dutch chapter of the East Coast Forum _/)_*_

tarik is offline Registered User

Forgive me chaps, but whereabouts is the 2012 headed?

My retirement timetable would fit perfectly.

regards

David

tarik is offline Registered User

Call me stupid but I mis read one of the earlier posts. So the Azores it is - time to start planning

David

Alchemist V274 is offline Registered User
    Location : Home Norfolk, Boats in Brightlingsea and Ipswich, will work anywhere!

Still my intention to do JAC'12. Just need to find a boat now - oh and afford it too!

Noddy is offline Registered User

Ah Peter. Its good to watch you shaking off the shackles of conventional thinking. Surveyors: Kill 'em all! And insurers. lawyers. Journalists - don't get me started on journalists.

Ellen Macarthur said that the hardest part was getting to the starting line. I think she was right.

All is not lost pm sent!

Paul
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men, and the obedience of fools.

Alchemist V274 is offline Registered User
    Location : Home Norfolk, Boats in Brightlingsea and Ipswich, will work anywhere!

[ QUOTE ]
    Ellen Macarthur said that the hardest part was getting to the starting line. I think she was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now the almost new owner of a Cutlass 27. Should be just fine for me to do JAC12. Now I must try and not destroy this one [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I will be there!

Default Official start date

Hi,

Has an official start date for the JAC 2012 been announced?

Ant