Thread: name that ship

Default name that ship

I served in the RAF in Aden from 1961/63 and saw many ships pass through including the Canberra on her maiden voyage ,a lot of immigrant ships going to Australia also passed through and two stick out.They where four funnel jobs and I was told they were on the way back to the uk to be scrapped.Would anyone have an idea as to [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]what the names of these two ships where?

timtap is offline Registered User

Only 15 four funnel ships were ever built and the last two to be scrapped were the RMS Aquatania ,Scrapped 1950 and the SS Arundel Castle ,Scrapped 1959
    In a recent survey it was discovered that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population

Default Canberra

I was on the Canberra when i was 10yrs old enroute to New York when she had to heave to for 10 hours mid Atlantic when Hurricane Bula came calling.45 thousand tons and took water overall! Seems i only go out when its rough now!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbev View Post
    I was on the Canberra when i was 10yrs old enroute to New York when she had to heave to for 10 hours mid Atlantic when Hurricane Bula came calling.45 thousand tons and took water overall! Seems i only go out when its rough now!!
    I'm posting this here because it seems appropriate.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the end dates in the subject lines! A lot of dead posts (expired) have been bumped lately. It looks like people are still entering. They're over! If anything has a date earlier than whatever the date is, don't waste your time entering.

Thank you.