Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Event off?

Default Re: Event off?

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if The Bugle (downstream) or The Jolly Sailor (upstream) or even The Spinnaker (even further upstream) could handle 100 visitors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus the Ferry Restaurant in Deacons Boatyard, Riverside Chinese on the main road, the bistro in Swanwick Marina (renamed Velsheda?) while nearby is The Old Ship.

The Jolly Sailor doesn't take bookings (circumvented by sending an an advance party to grab places) but have reserved in the Chinese.

P4Paul is offline Registered User

I believe that Hamble le Rice has a hall for hire which could reduce costs quite a bit.

Brendan, I know from experience that you have worked bloody hard to get to this stage.

However, is it possible, within 20 days, to sort out/finalise the venue/menu/costings, get all the money in (possible allowing that 10% won't respond), and forumites arrange any overnight accommodation (if not coming by boat)?

Personally, I think that we are fast running out of time.

I would find it hard to justify 35 a head too.
    Warning - Internet forums may contain nuts

I've received some news today which may provide a solution, and will hopefully be able to post tomorrow evening

KevB is offline Registered User

Hi Brendan,

If all else fails lets have a pontoon party. Everyone brings a bit of food and drink and sticks it on some tables setup along the pontoon/shore. If it's raining we'll move it onto various boats. Would work if we can get a few of us taking boats near to each other in the marina?

Kevin.

Good Idea [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We have had 26 on our boat for a party before now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All we need is 4 traders all in a row [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

May
    xx
    "Living the Dream Mother - Living the Dream" - Paul "Mardy" Alexander 1968-2014

[ QUOTE ]
    Good Idea [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We have had 26 on our boat for a party before now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All we need is 4 traders all in a row [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

May
    xx

[/ QUOTE ]

We have fed 17 simultaneously on Full Circle with 3 different curries, rice, fresh pops and Naans. The bottle count was also significant.

Is there no location where we can set up a load of BBQs and just mill about having a laugh?

[ QUOTE ]
    All we need is 4 traders all in a row

[/ QUOTE ]

One down 3 to go! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Is there no location where we can set up a load of BBQs and just mill about having a laugh?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Brendan has trouble getting a Marquee I'd definitely be up for just turning up with a bbq and sharing my burnt offerings.

Looks like there is plenty of open space if all else fails

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast