Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Event on for evening of 9th May

We have come up with a solution. We are now going to hold the event in the bar and restaurant on site. They will hire a smaller marquee so that berth holders/regulars wishing to dine that evening can be accomodated.

They will have to hire extra glasses, cutlery etc and put on extra staff of course, but confident that they can handle up to 120 forumites for the meet.

The cost will be £25 per head but this is far better than the £35 which it would have been with the bigger marquee to accomodate us, and we have the benefit of it being held indoors now.

Is this acceptable, and do we still have the 100 ish people who have signed up.

As well as the generous £800 donation from MDL Marinas towards the event, they are also providing free berthing for boats attending on the night of the 9th, which I'm sure everyone will recognise as a great gesture towards the meet, and will help offset the cost of the meet for those attending by boat.

Many thanks to the Waters Edge Restaurant and MDL for coming up with this alternative.

Thoughts and comments please. If the comments are favourable, I'll organise sending cheques in

Default Re: Event on for evening of 9th May

Excellent! We held our post KIDS OUT rally there last year, just after the new, current, people had taken over, they did a great job in looking after us.
    'The will of the people' = The will of a few fanatics who have duped the unsuspecting.

Sounds good to me!
    Light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until you hear them

Brilliant, well done Brendan

Hurrah xx

I tried to pm you, but you aren't accepting pm's?

Sorry Brenda, I must have clicked a wrong button after I changed my avatar last. It's so close to the submit button.

All clear now xxxxx

Could you please clarify what we would get for our £25 ?

TIA
    was BIGNICK, SkyTalk, MoodyNick in the past.

Exlusive use of the bar and restaurant, hire of a smaller marquee to accomodate other diners(this was a sticking point with the marina, as they wanted their berth holders to have access to the restaurant as normal), hire of cutlery plate and glasses for the additional numbers, hot and cold buffet, free berthing for boats attending, and everything on site instead of needing buses or taxis to and from boats, and a brilliant evening.

Well done Brendan.

£25.00 PP sounds like a bargain [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] especially with a nights mooring thrown in

May
    XX
    "Living the Dream Mother - Living the Dream" - Paul "Mardy" Alexander 1968-2014

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast