Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Event on for evening of 9th May

OK, we'll let you off duty at 12:30 then! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

powerskipper is offline Registered User

Lower [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12:29 it is then

powerskipper is offline Registered User

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] lower

Don't worry, the bar will have closed well before then, and I'll try to keep any stints to not more than half an hour.

Congrats Brendan. Sounds great. Now lets start the countdown to a great evening! Cheques to you? Address etc please and I will get it in the post!
    But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    Umberto Eco

http://www.wotyacht.co.ukStand out from the crowd!

There has been a hiccup with payment arrangements. Hopefully details tomorrow.
    In the past IPC have been the repository of cheques, but they can't do it this time. The restaurant have been contacted and are considering if they can handle it logistically (all staff will have to understand that they need to log a username as well as a real name for cheque or phone call credit card payment, which may be an issue, as I and they only know the usernames of people attending)

Anyone got any other ideas or how to go about it. Cheques to me is no good, as I'm moving shortly. Paypal is not an option, as too many people don't have accounts or refuse to use it. Ideally the restaurant will take on the task, but we need a back up plan.

P4Paul is offline Registered User

how about opening a bank account in a name such as "ybw meet", pm people the account details and then they can pay electronically or by bank transfer using their user name as the reference. I have no idea how easy it would be, but it seems feasable.

Not in the timescales we are working to! It takes ages to open an account, and what proof do we have of what ybw meet is, it's registered address, proof of ownership, etc, etc.

strakeryrius is offline Registered User

Would an esteemed long-standing forumite who is coming to the meet be prepared to act as Meet Treasurer, using their own bank account to hold and disburse the cash? I would offer to do it, but haven't been a forumite very long so people who haven't yet met me may not trust me with their dosh. Anybody else care to do it?

Paying by online banking would simplify the whole thing, if payment reference given was the username on the forum. The treasurer could then easily just PM the sender a quick acknowledgement and everything could be done electronically.
    I'm far too old to know everything - I leave that to the kids.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast