Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Great night had by all and a big thanks

Well the Mercury meet has happened and I can say a great night was had by all!

Many thanks to Brendan for working a minor miracle and getting it all arranged! We owe you one big man......hmm, I never did get that snog!!

Also have to said the MDL team were great, it is a long time since I went to a marina and the dockmaster actually came to meet me and take the lines! All of the team seemed to be in good humour at all time, even I believe when the fished a couple of forumites out of the water!!

Another thanks to the team in the restaurant at Mercury, the food was good and plentiful and I can thoroughly recommend their breakfasts!!!

Roll on the next one!!!
    Look here for marine electronics and safety gear at the best prices

http://www.marvinmarine.co.uk

Default Re: Great night had by all and a big thanks

It was a great night, or at least I assume it was judging by the state I was in this morning! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I blame Mrs StrakerYrius who constantly filled up my wine glass everytime it looked remotely empty, so if I was talking complete tosh later in the evening, I apologise profusely!!!! (I thought I'd get a pre-emptive apology in first! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

I think I managed to meet most people there, though my recollection is a bit hazy.

So good to meet so many people for the first time, as well as old friends.

Many thanks to all the staff at MDL Mercury, and at Waters Edge, for making it a great event.

Also many thanks to all the forumites that helped with publicising the event etc, and the many offers that we didn't take up (for a variety of reasons) with everything from lamb barbeques (2 lambs, and the gear to spit roast them) to printing.

Sore heads all around on Flower Power this morning.
    And to cap it all, the 4 yr old woke up at FIVE THIRTY AM.

We resisted the temptation to set her adrift in a tender or simply plant her on someone elses boat.

Other than that, good food, good crowd - a great event overall.
    Many thanks to Brendan, MDL (both for the sponsorship, and taking the lines of the arriving boats!) and the others that contributed to making it happen.

dave,lou,faye,sophie
    Flower Power

paulineb is offline Registered User

Mr B snored all night, I'm so tired.

I recorded him so i can play it in his ear tonight [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Carpe diem has never been more poignant.

powerskipper is offline Registered User

Yes a BIG thank you for all the hard work involved. It was great to meet you all and sorry did not get to talk to everyone.
    There were a lot of cameras going off so I think there will be pictures appearing once everyone is back home/work.

It was a great night. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Elessar is offline Registered User

Yep - thank you to you and your helpers and it was great to put a face to the name.

BTW it was my wife and our guest that managed to wrestle themselves into the Hamble at about 1230 am as we staggered back onto the boat.

These are the first 2 adults I've lost off the boat, although I've lost the kids a few times in the past when they've been oafing around. I do apologise for the noise as they decided whose fault it was and they objected to my moaning about the water on my deck.

The MDL dockmaster not only put his own money into the tumbler to finish off the drying of her jeans but then delivered them back to the boat at about 130 as I finished a final nightcap. Now that's service! I guess he knew it would have been my fault the next day if she had "nothing to wear"

Rarely has bacon and eggs tasted so good - the sign of a good night the night before.

thanks again!

I did hear about a dunking in the water when I popped into the office this morning to thank them again for all their assistance with everything [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Glad no serious harm done.

Elessar is offline Registered User

no harm it was serves their right!

My wife did mourn the passing of her phone, known as "Jesus" as she dropped it down the toilet on Good Friday 2 years ago, it cam back to life on Easter Sunday after 2 days in the airing cupboard. So apart form killing "Jesus" no harm........

Good to meet everyone, well those that I met any way. Thanks again Brendan for all your hard work. Met some nice East coast people.....They look just like us. Didn't get a chance to check for webbed feet though.
    Sorry to have missed the swimming event. Maybe next year.

peterandjeanette is offline Registered User

Yep, agree with all on here.

Well done Brendan, MDL and all concerned with the organising. Must have been difficult with all the cry-offs.

Sorry we had to leave early. It's a long drive back to Stratford on Avon. Good to meet other forumites and renew old friends.
    Be reasonable - see things my way.