Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tremlett boats

Default Re: tremlett boats

I have sent a message to T15 for you. Stay tuned [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Keep your sunny side up :-)

Tremlett 15 is offline Registered User

Hi gordmac, great boats these Tremletts, the one you are looking at is it GRP or timber ??
    I will go & look thro the( original ) brochures that I have, mostly from 1970s, in the back of my mine is that the 28 is a lengthened 21.

T 15

omega2 is online now Registered User

Here she is, it may assist you TREMLETT_XV

AndieMac is offline Registered User

I don't know anybody that has had a good run (more than a couple of hundred hours), having a diesel running a sternpower leg. Generally thought of as dogs over here.

Well I never did, and it put me off outdrives for life, would not have one as a gift.

Thanks guys. T15, she is GRP. That is her Omega2, where and when was that picture taken? Do you know anything about her at all? One of the things that puzzles me a bit (not hard to do!) is why the forward deck is flat rather than cabin as the headroom in the berths at the bow is somewhat lacking. Any information would be gratefully received.
    I have more or less come to a deal with the owner and will get her surveyed.

you have a pm, see the flag on your page?

mikej is online now Registered User

Hi, I know that particular boat fairly well, my boat Percentage is the one in front of it on the picture Omega 2 posted. The picture was taken 3 years ago by my wife at Kilmelford where the boat is now
    I type rather slow so if you would like to know some of its history for the last 5 years PM me and I will give you my phone number and i may be able to fill in some detail.
    I think that Omega 2 knows some of its earlier history.
    What sort of use had you in mind for the boat?
    regards mikej

Hi gordmac, sorry for delay but a wee bit busy, I have been thro all my Tremlett brochures which are all early 70s, no 28ft listed in them, these would have been around the time he was changing from timber to GRP. The boats list are "the new 21 Sportsman" which I am told by all I have spoken to, that owned one , are very good boats.The other GRPs are 36 > 50 foot, so there seems to be a gap between 21' > 36' during say 1973 > say 1980??, maybe Tranona could give some more info, ( will try to post some photos but only new to the layout of this forum). I have always been told that the GRP hulls were good in heavy seas but like Tranona says many were fitted out by DIY/others so the internal finish is not always what it should be, it was only about a month ago that I said the same thing to someone about the "finish" on another forum.

The "good" & the "bad", its hard to says, I have been told of alot of engine/drive problems with them BUT was this due to them being driven too hard thro heavy seas??

Tremletts made their name in the 60s/early 70s with the hot moulded hulls via racing, our first was a raceboat 1972/73ish & T15 we have had since 1973, we bought both as stage 1 hulls & cold moulded the deck, transom & o/b well on them & then finish the fitout.
    I am in a classic speedboat club in England and the timber hulled Tremletts are well sought after( currently we have 5 or 6 in the club 14' > 21' ) I have a waiting list to buy my mine!!

Sorry I cant be any more help to you, but most of the others have said what I would be saying too, I will be sending you a PM re this too...

T 15

While we are on the subject of Tremletts, some photos ( trying out posting )

The Tremlett that inspired us to buy Tremlett hulls to fit out

Our first Tremlett, a Class 3A racebost ( 1972 )

Tremlett 15, our second, built in 1973 which we still use today.